Roon’s handling of 1.6 Feedback

Wow an absolutely fantastic and well thought out post Allan!

Defensive is correct.

I’m in the same boat, I submitted a problem with the TIDAL 'Artist" images not showing up. First I was told its “Allmuisic’s” fault and to let them know.

I have noted your findings with the team but the best way forward here would be to let Allmusic know regarding this request by using the “Submit Corrections” button on this page: (https://www.allmusic.com/artist/alex-cortiz-mn0000935516 5).

Thanks,
Noris

Then after many back and forth posts, especially about the ‘its someone elses fault go tell them’ attitude, I finally was able to supply more screenshots to acknowledge a problem. But only after one of their own people described the functionality of their own product incorrectly.

From Mike: Roon Labs Product

Our metadata comes from a number of different sources, and on balance should have richer and more complete data than you’d find in TIDAL directly.
We don’t simply pass TIDAL artist images through to Roon, for a number of reasons.
Point being, you shouldn’t assume that because TIDAL has an image for a given artist, Roon always will too. There’s a lot more complexity in how we deliver metadata than that.

Which contradicts the Developer

From Joel: Roon Labs Developer

The TIDAL artists screen is essentially a view on your TIDAL favourites (i.e. it pulls metadata directly from TIDAL), so that’s almost certainly why an artist image you have added in Roon isn’t showing up there. I’m not sure if anything is editable from that screen, and if it is, it will only be for artists on albums that you actually have in your library (TIDAL or other).

The implementation of the TIDAL menu screens was designed to be a pretty transparent view into your TIDAL account and the curated lists that TIDAL offers

The admission of a bug
From Joel: Roon Labs Developer

Perhaps, perhaps not. I would now hazard a guess that we are showing non-TIDAL artwork for Incognito in your TIDAL artists list, but there may be a bug which stopped your Count Basic image addition showing up there.

I’m going to hand this back to @support.

From Mike: Roon Labs Product

You are correct that there may be a bug here.

The thread can be seen here…seems as if its been swept under the rug.