Roon stability - am I an outlier?

Although I’m a rookie here - I’m working with roon now for about 3 weeks - I really, really like the roon features and information you get. At the beginning I was very euphoric, thought of lifetime license and so on, but the longer I keep reading in the support forum I get more and more doubts about that and I’m thinking about to cancel that roon experience.

But I read in this thread that here are a lot experienced users with a lot of backround (and positive experience which builds me up a little bit).

If I play music it just has to play, no stops, skips to the next title and so on.
And that’s the problem I have with TIDAL streaming (higher likelihood with MQA but also in CD quality).
General internet speed is fantastic >900Mbit/s, ethernet to endpoint, doesn’t depend on endpoints, always works fine with Bluesound and Tidal Apps but not with ROON.
Tidal quality setting is switched to “Master”.
There are days with no skippings (or almost no) and sometimes with 7 skips within an hour.
I guess I found relationships to Tidal server down times, but its hard to say and the Tidal connect App didn’t show that picture (same quality setting).
So I agree with:

If there is somebody out there who knows something about it - your help is more than highly welcome to a big music fan. Please get in touch with me.
Or post something at (sorry I meant library):
Titles (Tidal and libery) stop playing and roon jumps to the next title

Is there a way to track the internet speed or consitency to the Tidal server in Europe?
So far when I got skips I try to report them also at a DOWNDETECTOR Web side for Tidal. Just to make them also aware of it (Down times Tidal).

I read a lot in other threads but almost never found or got a solution or hint what I can do (Core PC is already on DNS 8.8.8.8), router as stated here as well cannot be switched.

I got no feedback like “we know that issues, we are working on it” or “TIDAL is involved” or an answer like “thanks for the updates we’ll be back in touch with you till…”
Its always like throwing something out and you don’t know if someone picks it up (or reads it)

At the moment and because of that topic (especially the support :cry:) I think more like:

It doesn’t help to just throw out always the same question, don’t read the questions/statements thoroughly and have people to keep other people calm. :cry:

The program on the other side is really great and that’s the only reason while I’m still following up and I’m investing such a lot of time. At the moment.
I have almost no crashes on Android remotes, no Core crash, no bigger functionality issues, no streaming issues from local library (fixed it with new LAN driver or BIOS update).

1 Like