Roon stability - am I an outlier?

I can’t guarantee that is what the issue was. All I know is I had about 7 lock-up’s in 36 hours. When I restored a 2 day old backup, the problem persisted. Finally, when I restored a 4 day old backup, the problem was resolved. Who knows??

1 Like

I Norway it is still OK to share/copy to friends (people you actually know and meet regularly), at least last time I checked. I’m not doing this, people should support the artist by buying in my opinion!

@Geoff_Coupe , how many users would you estimate now that ARC has been out for roughly six weeks?

I have no clue - that figure I quoted was from one of the Roon team at around the beginning of the year.

1 Like

Reading between the lines, that also says “And I’m not going to ask either, Neil”.

My best - cheers.

The Roonies only tell us things when they are ready to share - I see no point in asking. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Amazing that this thread is still going.

I’ve lived on both sides of this fence. Was ready to rip up my time spent and kick Roon out of my home / music chain. And then came back for be artist discovery, and started playing with DSP. The past few years have been incredibly instructive to - got past enabling multicast, wiring in a few more access points, moving core from a NAS to a ROCK, getting local library onto an SSD located local to the ROCK, getting Ropieee instead of more complicated endpoints, etc etc. I basically did everything I was supposed to, and now it works near flawlessly. Your mileage & motivation may vary. I’d be remiss to tell anyone to bang their head against a challenge they find frustrating. It’s just music. There are many ways to get there. But Roon is great when you get it working.

2 Likes

@Johnny_Ooooops , I have eight Zones that work perfectly. Roon hasn’t failed me in the last two (or three) years… using a NUC 10th Gen i5 has been flawless.

Yeah but nobody posted in it for 6 months until the ARC number of users question

1 Like