Roon Used With Streaming Services Only

After some of the DB issues with this last release, I did go through and export all my playlists (using the export command) to excel for safe keeping before I performed the 884 update.

1 Like

I now prefer the new Innuos interface, old Roon was great but I just couldnā€™t get on with the interface since the changes in 1.8

Now just use Innuos with Qobuz and the ā€œrelated artistsā€ gets me down the same rabbit holes roon used to.

1 Like

I preferred the earlier version of Roon, but I donā€™t mind 1.8.

Iā€™ll look into Innuos, but can the interface/app be used if you donā€™t have an Innuos device? (I donā€™t have one.)

Unfortunately not, the OS/interface only comes bundled with their players. Think of them as a Nucleus only company.

Iā€™m not a fan of their app but the web interface is very quick and stable.

Major difference is theyā€™re a small company so if you log a ticket youā€™ll generally get someone contacting you and remoting into the box to fix it within an hour or so.

I have no interest in metadata or playlists so the simple layout and really fast interface does everything I need. Itā€™s probably chalk and cheese for the Roon demographic but like Apple ā€œit just worksā€