Roon vs Plex - a serious discussion

Added the DSP engine and bit perfect on Android via DACs. PlexAmp on Android is all 48/24. Saying that Plex also has eq and AutoEQ presets built in which is a very nice feature. It also doesn’t start up with a black screen like ARC does all the time on iOS. You think it’s crashed as on cellular it takes ages to come up.

Making sound adjustable with Muse I count as improvement for sound quality

Thanks. Makes sense. I haven’t followed the updates lately. I think DSP on Android is important for headphones equalization. Bit-perfect on the other hand could be viewed more as a battery optimization feature than an SQ one. Likely both are worth it.

Yes, makes sense :slight_smile: Thanks for the update.

It’s good advice from AJ but also on the other hand we should cut some slack new forum members whilst they get familiar with the forum.

I’ve decided, to merge this topic with the existing topic, as it’s just another aspect of Plex to consider when comparing it against Roon.

3 Likes

Lol…Ok Andrew. I’m going to “like” every one of your prior posts and show you some love. Again…let’s just carry on.

Thanks Carl. For what it’s worth, I did do a search on the terms “Plex Layoffs” and “Plex Terminations” before posting and didn’t get any results. No need to ask for any grace for me though. Even if new’ish here, I’ve been involved in forums since the internet was a thing. Have seen every type of forum member attitude that exists. I do not get rankled.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! Love my Roon experience so far.

10 Likes

TBH discourses search is a bit of a pain to find some threads.Not exactly an offensive act to post something thats in another thread, but I am not a mod.

2 Likes

Agreed, sometimes the Discourse result filtering hides the content that one is looking for.
When this happens I try an external Google search which can help.

Agreed, and equally not offensive to have a post merged into an existing topic by mod.

What I would say is rather than posting a comment, which invariable yields a string of off topic replies,
that it’s far better to just flag it as …

Something Else
This post requires staff attention for another reason not listed above.

… with a short description of the concern, and then let the mods manage it.

So let’s draw a line underline this one, as we have drifted off topic now, and allow the on topic discussion continue.

4 Likes

I have plex. The sound on Plexamp is not as good as when I use vlc media player…
I have a question about roon. Does it show new Albums releases from Artists I follow on Roon?

If you subscribe to Qobuz or Tidal you can check out new releases in their respective areas of the app. Roon also will recommend new releases based on its own algorithm of what you have in your library and what you have been listening to via Roon. It can be a bit hit and miss and can be behind releases. Roon doesn’t really have a follow feature to track bands you like. One other thing is that it also does not give you access to the specific curated content that Tidal and Qobuz do via their own apps via their own releases for you sections.