Roon Web Controller 2.0.0 ALPHA now available

got it running in docker, so app still works.

Thanks for this @Mike_Plugge :metal:

As the mobile app doesn’t have a kiosk mode , I’ve been running the Web Controller on a Fire HD 8 tablet (self contained with Termux running the node app) with ‘Full Kiosk Browser’

Just pick up the Fire HD 8 tablet from the wireless charger and switch to the Mobile app for anything extra

I use the Roon Web Controller 2.0.0 Alpha without trouble for more than a year.
It is a pity, that Mike is not anymore working on the project.

There were only two things I missed most:

• local storage of some selected settings
  • reduction of text overlap on small displays

Both I added in the original code of Mike.
In case somebody want’s to use it, you will find it here:

3 Likes

This latest one does not work. Alpha does not working and muenchen1 fork. I can use only 1.2.13

I am using roon core(rock).
The docker image(web controller2.0) has been installed on linux(ubuntu).
But the web controller’s extension did not appear on the roon remote.
So, I could not valid this extension.
Please let me know this solution?

The following is steps.
$ docker run -d \

-p 8080:8080
pluggemi/roon-web-controller:alpha
be83370a3268c4739c341d96b34c7d7c1b010cb5df1a155719df45db103740ef
$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
be83370a3268 pluggemi/roon-web-controller:alpha “npm start” 19 seconds ago Up 18 seconds 0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp, :::8080->8080/tcp stoic_hopper
When I access "http://:8080, the following messages is displayed.

The Roon Web Controller extension is not enabled. Please use an official Roon client to enable it.

Thank you,

Mike - Brilliant - thank you. I run Linux Mint desktop as my main system and wanted a simple method of seeing what is playing and pausing current song. ~

Simply followed the install instructions (well, needed to actually install npm itself on the system first!) and all worked first time.

Great software and good, clear install instructions - thanks!

Mike - is this still the version of DietPi Linux needed for installing Alpha 2.0, or is there a newer one that should be used?

DietPi_RPi-ARMv6-Stretch.7z

Thanks,

How to change the port from 8080 to the other? Thanks in advance.

Did you resolve this?

I get the same message.

Anybody?

For those interested. Loaded Dietpi - latest version - bookworm - on RPi 4b with the touch-screen. Followed Mike’s instructions to just load the basic config onto it - “Roon Bridge” - “Chromium”, etc. Amended the startup options to start chromium in kiosk mode pointing to the docker webpage for the controller. Have the web-controller alpha running in a docker file on the nas.

For myself, - had to change the port of the web-controller from 8080 to another free port, by simply amending from 8080:8080 - to 9393:8080. Also, did not have to include the Roon_Host line, - as autodiscovery worked fine.

Everything is working beautifully. Many thanks Mike, and Michael (Munich).

Thank-you for this!

Another update to this.

First working solution was that both the webcontrol & Roon Server were on the NAS. Everything was easy.

Relocated Roon from the NAS to a NUC - i.e., running Roon Rock. And then the web-control docker failed to be identified by Roon Rock. Solution was to recreate the Container with a Network setting being the HOST itself, as opposed to Bridge - that meant the container was directly using the NAS IP address, and with the different port mappings from the external to the internal. Everything worked then.