RoPieeeXL is here!

Rebuilt three devices from scratch and all working well for me on a HifiBerry DAC+ Pro.

I know I can manually change the Airplay name in the Shairport config file to be something else but it would be nice if this was exposed in the web interface. Harry I know you’re not too keen on this saying that the Airplay name just takes on the host name, but there are a few use cases where specifying your own is nice - I want spaces in my name for example, and the [RopieeeXL] prefix looks a bit unfriendly.

Cheers
Jamie

1 Like

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 4532bc52f7ed90ae

My device reset when I rebooted. I gave up with that cause it was behaving weird, so figured it was about time for a whole new image write to the sd card. So I did that. No XL tab. I have checked though and the device is visible from an iPhone as an Airplay device. However there is definitely no tab in the web gui. There’s something funky about this install… But other than missing web tab - it works from iPhone! :smiley:

I see that you’re on the beta channel…
Can you please switch to stable?

ok. can you send me feedback? You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab.

Logs have been sent to RoPieee HQ with unique identifier 0b07fa9dba3ff0a7

Ok thanks.

@miklats found why you don’t see the XL tab. working on a solution…

I also send logs and can not find XL tab.

same here, Harry: no XL tab

841f9b0978ad590f

I am OK here. Thanks!

Perfect. Ready to help with testing your fantastic product.

V 337 is running on all my Rpi

ok, I pushed out an update that corrects some of the fall-out from the XL release. This update (337) fixes the ‘missing XL tab’ in the web ui.

Now, for those people that have started from a fresh XL image: after this update you need to enable XL again (in the advanced tab). After the configuration step and reboot the tab is back (and will stay :wink: )

Thanks!

2 Likes

Perfect Harry!
Audirvana: ok
JRiver: ok
BubbleUPnP: ok
Roon: ok
Apple Music via Iphone: ok

some funds for your fine work will follow!

thanks

1 Like

Well done!! Thanks!!

Any sound quality difference between Rpi 3B+ and Rpi 4?

Spotify via Iphone/Ipad: ok

Mine actually was working, but after the upgrade to 337, it seems to have reverted back to non-XL and I don’t have an option to enable it anywhere…

What do you have? A regular RoPieee or did you start with the XL image?

Anyways, you should have an option in the advanced tab. Might be that your unit requires another reboot.