RPi4 with Separate DAC

I can play content to the one that stays on.

Can you play to each independently? What happens if you swap cables?

They play independently. Will take a set of known good cables tomorrow. Thank you and keep them coming.

1 Like

@spockfish Here are the two screenshots of the signal path. The first one plays audio back, the second only produces white noise.

Delete post.

Changed the cable, initially no success. Re-setted everything and started over without DSP etc. and now it works even with heavy DSP work. Not clear why, but for now I don’t question success.

1 Like

Anyone have anything to offer on those screenshots? @spockfish @Martin_Webster

I don’t know why DoP doesn’t work for you. I have IQaudiO PCM5122 based hats and they pass DoP for DSD64.

Maybe share the device setup screens?

Are you sure the device supports DoP?

@spockfish that’s what we’re trying to figure out. The language regarding this from HiFi Berry is unclear and it seems like it should work based on the chip inside the HAT.

@Martin_Webster @spockfish Here are what seem to be the relevant sections in the device setup menu: Note that DoP is an option for UPnP and Squeezelite functionality - not sure why that would be the case if the device is incapable in that respect.

Services like UPnP and Squeezelite are not capable of knowing whether the device is capable of not, so I suggest to forget about these.

To me it still seems very clear: the device does not support DoP. There aren’t that many settings (again talking Roon here, not the others) and I think you’ve tried them all.