Should we be putting our foot down with Tidal or Roon's implementation of it?

I agree 100%. I created a detailed topic about this which was looked at [and passed around] by various people within Roon. No solution and a lot of confusion on Roons part as to the understanding of their own software.

As I pointed out in my thread, the proper ‘Passing Through’ of Tidal into a third party interface was done CORRECTLY by Plex, so why can’t Roon do it? Plex if Free. Paying this much money for software the clearly FAILS is not acceptable.

I’m sure many people here have used Free software from various sources, PiCorePlayer, Volumio, MoOde autdio, etc. No software is perfect and users will always have issues of some kind. I can’t say software support from Roon is any better than that of Free software, which should not be the case. In fact in many ways support from the Free software is better and oddly enough these people support their software after their day jobs and with only two or three people.

Roon might and ‘should’ have a business plan, a road map etc. However to ignore the paying customer is wrong. What image are you portraying to your customers if you say your own plans and agenda outweighs that of the people who keep the lights on?