Show non lossy PCM in TIDAL?

Before: multiple releases of the same album side by side.
After: multiple releases of the same album collapsed under a Versions tab.

The change is clearly about design and usability not coercing anyone to use an particular format. The rationale for ordering is stated elsewhere.

1 Like

A step in a good direction. Why do you keep advocating for the lack of an option to tailor this?

Its pretty clear that advocating doesn’t work in Roonland. One makes requests, then waits.

1 Like

There is that word again, this time as “coercing”. Yet, as you say there is a “rationale” is there not. Is it a suggestion? Perhaps.

Now, I might agree with you if MQA was not controversial, if it was “just another format”. Yet it is clearly not that. So why is it privileged? The “HiRes” is just a marketing claim (and a core part of the controversy), so Roon points to this as if it is a neither here nor there decision?

1 Like

I’m not advocating change. But I believe that too many options in software can destroy the user experience. Let alone add unnecessary complexity and more demanding testing with each release. Sometimes more is less.

From what I see in front of me, the Roon team completely understand user experience and are unlikely to compromise their vision (this is evident in the 1.5 Release Notes.)

I think they’ve done a fantastic job simplifying choice options and I’m sure there’s good reason for this.

1 Like

Filtering on MQA format is now supported … no need to use a tag (Local MQA CD rips for now excepted).

Not my choice of words … yours. There is no conspiracy, no one is trying to compel anyone to adopt MQA. There are rational reasons for the change and this is described perfectly in post #9:

I fundamentally disagree with several of your statements. That is probably obvious. But I’m not going to beat this dead horse any longer. I voiced my request, Roon hopefully has heard it and they can take it into account in their plans.