Siri integration (Consolidated Requests: CarPlay, HomePod, etc)

As a iOS developer myself, I understand your point. But whatever solution they choose to use for cross-platform development, pretty sure it allows for custom use of API’s.

So to state “this is never going to happen” is a bit strong. If they want, I’m sure they can. :crossed_fingers:

Probably something to put in a feature request? Agreed my wording might habe been a bit strong. Probably out of experience as to what is realistic to expect from them :grinning:

I’ve merged posts into an existing to topic.

I support this request, however like you don’t see it being implemented anytime soon :frowning:

2 Likes

Have eventually succumbed to Siri, it would be nice to have it do more in Roon than just open the app!

.sjb

These articles on voice control of Roon using Siri and/or Google Assistant may be of interest:

It would be fantastic to ask Siri on a HomePod to “Play x on Roon” or something similar, likewise for CarPlay, etc.

Having to find your phone, unlock, pull up the app, find the music you’re after, select the right HomePod, and then press play… would be good to shortcut all of that!

3 Likes

This is literally the only reason I’m not running roon right now. I absolutely love it and would happily pay the sub fee but I need hands free in the car and a way to play things at home without nose in phone. :confused:

1 Like

I’m loving Roon and ARC for several years now, but I’m really looking forward to the day when I can control ARC in the car via Siri. Big safety issue.