Skull Canyon with RAID 0?

@Ludwig Yes, this is one with RAID 0 vs. single Samsung 950 PCIe SSD testing.

On write there is 100% performance increase, on read there is 30% performance increase in RAID 0. Read speed increase bottleneck above 3000 MB/s is DMI 3.0, and heating of SSD modules.
It allows to cut down search by some 3-5 seconds to 10 seconds, and reach launch of playback to below 1 second.
On Skull Canyon it gives 6 seconds windows load time, but honestly also as improved Roon load time - they are not important.

I don’t store music on SSD, all on NAS. But actually it doesn’t make difference, where music files are located. The playback start time anyhow is less than second. Just the search is not so pleasant with 10 seconds wait time.
The bottleneck is database and search management. @brian Great news, I’m looking forward to see search engine optimization in next major release. Also as on Server SSD only database is stored, I don’t see much of concern even if RAID 0 would have 2x higher failure risk than single drive. Automated weekly backup of database folder is sufficing protection.

Janis