SMS 200....Is it a good upgrade?

I didn’t notice any improvement with Sbooster on my sms-200, but maybe my system setup is not good enough to hear difference. I would say if LPS does make any difference I think upgrading it on DAC is more important that network player.

But sms-200 works amazingly well, can’t say it adds anything to sound, but the fact that it’s plug and play and that it sends dsd and mqa sound to your DAC is great

I use sMS-200ultra and tX-USBultra with Paul Hynes SR4 PSU set at 9V. SOtM did tell me that they use 9V as the prefered voltage.

I have Cambridge Audio CXN and added in the SMS-200 Neo with S Booster (12v) and there was a very noticeable improvement in sound. Very happy with it. DSD plays fine now on CXN via SOTM SMS Roon end point. I also purchased a SOTM Cat 7 Audio Ethernet cable with filter and heads further noticeable sound improvement.
Next move is replace CXN DAC wirh higher end one and maybe Nucelus.

Glad to here from someone in the same position as me,Mark.I have the Cambridge 851N,SMS 200 Neo,stock PSU at the moment(9V)and NUC 7i5.Im always trying to improve sound if it is possible.With the SMS 200 as endpoint,ive gained a little more clarity,DSF on Roon seems to make a lot more difference now also.I was recommended the Sonic Transporter on here, then someone said there would be no difference to my NUC.Nucleus is a little expensive .
I was looking at the Sbooster or similarly but was told it would make no difference.
So still unsure whether to upgrade PSU.
I gather you have no CXN screen either ?

Have recently bought the sSM-200, Sbooster MKII 12v (voltage recommended by the good people of Sbooster) and the Ultra upgrade. Sounds awesome, very precise yet relaxed sound, played through Audiolab M-DAC+. Big step forward compared to Squeezebox Touch (with Sbooster power supply), heartily recommended!

Thanx for the reply,fhink I will get the sbooster on order,not in stock till end of the month.

Sorry folks – I have a quick question. My SMS-200 Neo just arrived. Set up was simple. It found my DAC easily and it all seemed great. However, when I hit play, it just rapidly skips tracks and plays no music! What on earth is going on?

sounds like sms-200 cannot reach files… Where are files stored? and are they connected to same router as sms-200 and roon core through ethernet cable?

Have you configured Roon Ready option in SMS-200? Does your DAC show up there? Also, you must specify “Fixed Volume”.

Yes. The DAC shows up on Roon.

Yes. The configuration is right. I am wondering if there is something wrong with Roon locally.

For debugging purposes I would connect laptop to the same ethernet that sms-200 is now connected, replacing sms-200 with a laptop as roon endpoint, just to narrow down your issue

Yes – already done that. Works fine.