"Roon Lite" / "Roon Light" - Roon with limited functionality (and potentially less expensive)

Could Roon consider a Roon Lite software version for those of us who do not need any DSP or upsampling or some other fancy features (which make sound worse to my ears)?

I intend to have and use only native WAV files processed by a NOS R2R DAC. The current Roon software is bloated for me and the kind of music (100% classical) I listen to. A Roon Lite version will consume much less CPU power and respond faster to less powerful CPU (like i3) (which therefore reduces heat issues).

Ideally, I would like to use rechargeable battery power for all my digital components (server, player and DAC). (I have found rechargeable battery-powered renderer/player and DAC; all made by DIY purists.) Only the server poses an issue for its 4A power rating (which would drain battery power quickly).

If we could have a server with power rating under 1A, it would be ideal provided if it could run Roon in the way I describe here. Roon could also vastly improve the interface for classical music. I like Roon because I could upload PDF documents for each album (sung texts and librettos). Since I already purchased a lifetime license, I have no interest in trying other software.

Please help in this regard.
Thanks!

2 Likes