Sonos ending support for some legacy products in May 2020

isn’t that spending $300 to run a $300 obsolete product?

I think it’s closer to $100 to keep from buying a bunch of new equipment. The cost of the old equipment does’t matter.

2 Likes

This is not an LMS forum and don’t want to sidetrack things here, but quick answer is that there has been lots of improvements to LMS over time. It is essentially an open source project now and the PiCorePlayer work is quite impressive. So I would respectively disagree that it is obsolete.

https://www.picoreplayer.org/

1 Like

Yes, many end points can be synced and you can control by phone app. But don’t rush into anything. You’ll have lots of different options if your sonos eventually don’t meet your needs. Including Roon!

Well, my 14 day trial is up tomorrow, so I cancelled today so as not to get charged yet. Very interested, but want some more time to figure out what end points I am using and what subscription will be the best for me.

I just split off my Sonos Connect (which I use solely as a Roon endpoint and feed the digital out to my DAC) from my S2 Sonos speakers, and everything is just fine. :slight_smile: