Sound quality degraded when activating headroom function

Then test the headroom function in a isolated test.
Set headroom to 0dB.
Ensure all other DSP functions are off.

Play a track with headroom on and the same again with it off.

1 Like

I was wondering if you could give us a bit more concrete info on the sound degradation. You said on a previous message that the magic is gone with the headroon engaged…not sure what that means.

Sorry for the late reply. I haven’t had the time to test more until yesterday.
I started from scratch again without DSP and found the loudness settings on my preamp to be part of the problem. Boosting the base frequencies with “loudness” at first and then trying to correct too much base at 63Hz with DSP is of course not a good idea. Seems the headroom sound degradation also disappears when I don’t have the need for a bigger PEQ adjustment. I can’t hear the same degradation now using headroom at -2dB. Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Loudness function is ment when hearing in a kind of “quiet mode” so bass frequencies will be gained in a house curve function since our ear can hear the highs and mids still better …

I would suggest to use an Antimode 2.0 device (works very nice to get rid of nasty room modes). Correction is done automatically (I use double Schroeder frequency of the room as highest point of correction, works very nice and dig. headroom can be adjusted).

Best regards,

Armin