Sound Quality not a good as expected

What sounds the best to me, on my system, is NAS storage (I just have way too much music to fit on my core) and a core with a linear power supply connected directly to my audio interface (aka DAC).

You treat listening to music as though youā€™re in the control room of a nuclear reactor.

Awesome.

2 Likes

Fundamentally this thread should have stopped at " I am going USB directly into my Auralic Vega"

The Vega is optimised for USB and fundamentally immune to Jitter. It doesnt matter what you plug into it, itā€™s going to sound the same. Save money on fancy streamers (and yes, i tried), fancy cables (yes i tried) and worrying about cores / laptops etc. The Vega will make all compatible USB sources sound the same.

1 Like

This is an old thread, but I think the takeaway is keep the path as simple as possible, with some sort of galvanic isolation between core and DAC. A networked raspberry pi (and ropieee) works wonders.

Chernobyl ā€¦

I know I have been offline for a while, sorry, health issues. I gave up on JPLAY. I just use Qobuz streaming, I have an i7 NUC and Roon Rock. Done sounds fine. JPLAY although it sounds great is not worth the squeeze.

Ok few thingsā€¦to optimise things you should really run Roon Rockā€¦as a super dedicated pcā€¦that has no other processes operatingā€¦then use a good quality psuā€¦and donā€™t use usb as a connection its generally horribleā€¦ I am going to try a powerful HTC ā€¦ and see what I thinkā€¦as its so powerful with 8 cores 16 threads other activity and or processes should not really upset the Roon Coreā€¦we will seeā€¦