Spotify or Spotify HiFi in Roon [spotify will not allow this]

I tend to agree with Lundmark that a lot of people in Europe use Spotify and it does indeed seem that streaming mp3’s is on its way to replacing other ways of listening to music. My 11-year-old daughter has adopted it and she stares at my CDs and Synology server full of high-res music in disbelief - how can people go through so much hassle when Spotify is so easy and always “available” ?
However I don’t think Roon should absolutely go for such partnerships. As far as I understand it Roon intentionally focuses on being a “high end” product that provides music lovers with lots of functions & information that the everyday user doesn’t really care about. In a nutshell I think using Roon to listen to Spotify would be overkill - the Spotify app does it better and is so much simpler.
I do believe there is room for many softwares to listen to music, but don’t expect that one will “do” everything. I would rather like Roon to pursue their goal of being the ultimate software that people use when really “listening” to music, as opposed to just having music in the background which can be achieved with simpler & cheaper software.

6 Likes