Still missing in Roon

I agree it is hard to find a song with Roon’s album navigation. This would be a nice layout. I don’t think it’s a super high priority item, but I’d like to see it in the queue.

blah, I like Roon for what it is. I want different futures, I change applications, I am not trying to make Roon look like JRiver, iTunes, etc…

Keep doing what you are doing Roon!

There is a very odd culture of having to defend one’s suggestions in this community. There is a Feature Requests section. What else are we supposed to do here?

1 Like

Just my opinion is all. I see alot of “JRiver” this, “iTunes” that, etc… Roon is innovating and doing things in a different way but we are stuck in 1973 with folder structures and windows explorer lay outs… We can never adjust…
If I wanted those futures I would stuck with those applications…
For example, Focus on Play list management, Database management, DB and Application Optimization, etc…

Again just my opinion and ya’all are entitle to ignore me :smiley:

I agree Roon is innovating and there are a number of very cool features that differentiate from the existing apps. BUT: (1) perhaps both types of approaches have their limitations - maybe people would like the best of both worlds? and (2) people are also invested in their prior curating and organizational structure - and so there is a desire to create easier paths to migrate into and out of Roon and to enjoy what one has while still using the features of Roon.

In this particular case, I don’t necessarily see a request to see track titles below album art as going back to “the old way.” It’s just something people are capable of doing in JRiver that Roon isn’t capable of yet, and the screen cap was a good way to demonstrate.

That doesn’t necessarily make it an outmoded feature. There are a number of ways in which Foobar, MediaMonkey, JRiver, and yes, even iTunes are more capable than Roon is presently, Doesn’t mean we don’t love Roon - we just want to have it all. At $120/year or the cost of a lifetime subscription, I think that buys some right to comment and to expect continued development.

2 Likes

Everytime I’m refering to I-tunes or J.river I refering to it because I don’t like them, not because I’d like to see features of them in Roon. I have never liked both these programs. And yes, I do like Roon, I bought it becuase it is good and has lots of potential but it isn’t quite finished yet.

I am speaking in general terms not directly at you :wink:

I know, no worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree with your statement: “Is not quite finish” You are right about that!
It needs polishing and many other things.