The Elephant in the Roon: Tidal Connect

Despite being specifically named on the original launch docs Cambridge Audio still have yet to release their firmware to enable Tidal Connect. They are not declaring a release date yet (sound familiar)

The early release firmware update is now available for Cambridge Audio , Tidal Connect works fine

The latest B&W Music app provides Tidal streaming to the Formation series. It also includes Quobuz, last.fm and a bunch of streaming radio stations.

Still waiting for normal release not Beta

For those that complained about the ‘front page’ of the Tidal app having too much rap music, how does it look now for you?

The past week I’ve had 2 updates to the Tidal desktop app that have vastly changed the front page (for me).

Make sure you actually do update to the latest version before you reply though.

What Desktop app?
I thought that was Roon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Double post

Sorry a moment of humour overtook me.

1 Like

No worries !

There are some people (not you obviously) that consider talking about the Tidal apps as taboo on this forum… which doesn’t make sense as there might be thousands of Roon+Tidal users that use the Tidal apps ‘on the go’… since Roon doesn’t have an ‘on the go’ solution yet…

Anyway the ‘front page’ of the Tidal apps have changed quite a bit for me this past week.

Keen to seen if anyone else noticed. Especially those that previously complained about the ‘front page’ in the past.

1 Like

I am a believer in using what works, so at home I only use Roon, but in the office I use Tidal and PlexAmp (connected to both Tidal and my music library) to play to the office Sonos.

I will take a look at this I am one of those who listens to very little Rap music but I get a lot of recommendations for Rap in Tidal, so I am glad I stumbled on your message, even if I took it off thread for a moment.

Thanks

1 Like

@dabassgoesboomboom Yes, pretty dramatic change on the Android app. Haven’t looked at the desktop app in a while, but assume it’s the same. Looks like they are going for wider appeal and more personalization. New management already making improvements?

3 Likes

If they have hopes and dreams of one day reaching Spotify and Apple Music subscriber numbers, this was the only way… with ‘for you’ now main focus of the ‘front page’.

Those that don’t use Tidal much might not see much different.

For those that use Tidal a lot, I imagine the ‘for you’ recommendations will make that front page much better than before.

This all just happened this past week.

As more people update and use the app, I’m sure there’ll be more that notice.

I don’t see any difference in the Desktop Tidal app.

Me neither even after the update.

@Rugby I just looked. There was a pending March 22 update (Windows US). I let it install, and now looks just like the Android app. All the “for you” stuff is at the top (and there seems to be more of it) and I have to scroll way down to see all the rap suggestions.

Featured section is still rap heavy but that’s it in the Android app, everything else is more geared to what I have listened to on Tidal and other stuff. I haven’t even used Tidal since mid December as I cancelled my sub but it’s still keeping all my listening data since then and I get notifications of new releases related to my listening. I wonder If a backed the wrong horse with Qobuz who’s discovery is non existent.

So here is the top of the Home screen of the Tidal app. First line is Featured, the next is recently played. Nothing on the feature list resembles what I’ve been playing.

The the rest of the screen are their usual horrible suggestions

This isn’t the latest update then… Maybe it’s a staggered rollout. It’s very recent.

Hey, its what I got and yes, I did install an update today. In fact, right before I did the screen cut. So that is the latest for me.