The “thing” you notice at 2:30 in the morning

The thing you notice at 2:30 in the morning when you can’t sleep… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes

“In cases where a .zip file with multiple filters are provided” - this to me does not sound right :slight_smile:

Should it not be “is provided”? :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Spelling errors aside wouldn’t it be wonderful if roon did have a plugin or what ever to do the filters. REW is so unfathomable.

3 Likes

Well spotted. I’ve flagged this to the team.

2 Likes

Thanks joel. Could you point them towards removing the fog too… The waveform and fog kind of blend together making it difficult to see the parts of the track already played.

Cases…
So…
are. Plural.

“a zip file” - this is singular.

A zip file with multiple filters IS provided.

2 Likes

The subject is ‘Cases’. Plural.

Are you sure? Not my area of expertise, but it definitely ‘sounds’ wrong. Consider the following:

“In jobs where a hammer are needed” versus “In jobs where a hammer is needed”. Surely, by the logic you mentioned, ‘jobs’ (plural) is the subject rather than the ‘hammer’ (singular), but ‘hammer are needed’ is clearly wrong.

2 Likes

All of you are wrong because “where” is wrong. “Where” refers to location or place, not situation or thing.

In cases in which…
In jobs in which…

AJ

2 Likes

Ah, that was an error in my example, but the text in question is:

“In cases where a .zip file with multiple filters are provided”

Should that be “are” or “is”?

Nope. What actually is “provided” – “cases” or “zip file”? Think about it. Ignore the poorly written passive voice for now.

AJ

2 Likes

I vote “is” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope. The verb refers to the object, “a zip file,” not to the subject “cases.”

1 Like

I stand corrected. Is it is.

:x: In cases where a .zip file with multiple filters are provided,

Remove any parts not needed.

:x: In cases where a .zip file are provided,

:thinking: It should read…

:white_check_mark: In cases where a .zip file is provided,
:white_check_mark: In cases where a .zip file with multiple filters is provided,

or…

:white_check_mark: In cases where a .zip file is provided containing multiple filters,

:hugs:

I’m unsure about the where part…

1 Like

Doing away with the poorly written passive voice makes for a much clearer sentence:

“In those cases in which you provide a zip file with multiple filters, Roon will choose…”

2 Likes

How about we just dispense with the whole “cases” thing and say “When you provide a zip file with multiple filters, Roon will choose …”.

2 Likes

Some may disapprove of second person perspective (“you”). The following is third person perspective.

“If a user installs a zip file containing multiple filters, Roon will choose…”

AJ

Reminds me of Sunday School… which is not a good thing.
Carry on chaps…

3 Likes