The “thing” you notice at 2:30 in the morning

Coincidence? ….I can sing a rainbow……(I feel a song coming on)….

My post was a poorly constructed joke. I was amused that grammer would be the “thing” one would notice when reading internet posts due to insomnia at 0230 in the morning. Thus bad grammar never sleeps, just like Mr. Young said about rust. Grammar would be the last thing I noticed at that time of day as I tried to fadeaway.

2 Likes

This is one of the best guides to using REW I’ve come across. They’re not to forthcoming with the detailed settings, but if you’re watching on a decent-sized screen, you can spot most of them:

There are some decent guides to REW around here and over on https://www.audiosciencereview.com. I managed to figure it out in about a day.

Generating the filters in REW’s export dialogue is fairly easy - I go with 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 to cover most bases. Add the generated WAV files to a zip archive and browse to it from the convolution filter tab in Roon.

When I set the 96k filter I had so many taps that my 24 core server with 64gigs ram fell over!

This is what I am saying, its not clear and there are so many variables.

What I also dont understand is if I have a 96k file but my album is 192, or 48 wha then?

You have to make filters for every resolution, as Graeme mentioned.

Will roon pick that up though or do I have to pick each convolution?

I’ll have another go on the weekend.

REW v5.20 simplifies the Export filters impulse as WAV option and allows you to select multiple rates and generate all rates you want with a click. Then just zip the files and point roon towards the file.

@joel, It’s a lovely nite/morning… I see the fog has cleared and the waveform display is nice and clear in dark mode. Please pass on my thanks to the GUI guys. :clap:

1 Like

Top, better this way with dark mode!
:clap: