There is an anomaly of file handling between the Lumin U1 Mini and my DAC

and again:

it doesn’t make sense to upsample PCM to 32 bit while the Sony DAC is internal working with DSD…

mmm you say that but I suppose what does not make sense to you may make sense to others
and again: Sony TA does not upsample everything to DSD, it is an option
and finally: this is not the point

Do you know by any chance if the Sonore Ultra Rendu is Linux based and then likely produce the same problems than the Lumins?

Highly likely to be Linux based same with sotm

Thanks, I agree
So I think I would need a silent PC with care given to noise protection
Honestly when I plug my Surface laptop to my DAC using my Audioquest Coffee cable and when upsampling to Max PCM rate of 32b 768k, the sound seems richer to me like that than the Lumin. So maybe I can get even more insightful sound with an “Audiophile” Windows PC
Any idea of here I can find such PC?

SotM does things based on Windows OS!

As endpoints I mean the sotm sms range of devices would appear to be Linux based, definitely not windows on these devices generally.

See the link you posted

The sMS-1000SQ Windows Edition is a new kind of music server based on Windows OS instead of the original Linux OS based sMS-1000SQ.

But on this one as an endpoint it would be Windows right? Not sure how it wouldn’t be as an endpoint?

Anyway, most important is that with this kind of steamer one can make sure that almost all DACs would be correctly fed

You would need the windows drivers for the Sony installed but running roon bridge or server would give you a windows endpoint support via usb to the dac

Coming back to my Lumin issue
Ok understood things now. My USB DAC works flawlessly with Windows/Mac OS PCs/streamers. It has a specific driver for these platforms. So I should have been more careful when I have chosen the streamer.

For example when one goes to the Auralic webpage, when one goes to Aries G1/G2/G2.1 specs, it is clearly indicated with a reference that these streamers will not be completely compatible with non Linux DACs. And indeed this important clarification was not in the webpage of the Lumin. So again one should be careful before buying in order to compatibility to be matched.

This being said. Mr Lie, where in this leaflet it is said that Lumin is Linux based and then not working flawlessly with a large population of DACs, those not Linux prepared?

http://www.luminmusic.com/downloads/LUMIN-U1-Mini-leaflet.pdf

Secondly, did you try your Lumin USB output with at least one Windows/Mac compatible DAC?

Lastly, how come the Lumin does not correctly output 32b but seems to correctly output DSD? Knowing this, can it still be a Linux/Non Linux compatibility problem?

You likely find that most music that is 32/xxx is probably padded with 0’s above 24bits anyway and you’re missing out on absolutely nothing.

I know I know
But it is for the sake of truth and honesty

How can I be sure that the Lumin not being compatible with all DACs, it will be outputting the best audio flow for the thousands of DACs of which manufacturers only designed a Windows/Mac driver for their USB input? Maybe even the Lumin’s 24b flow not being recognized as such by all DACs?

Does this something that Mr Lie can be trusted on? After what one can discover in this forum?

The confidence/trustiness is something very hard to reach and the easiest thing to lose. Mr Lie knows this

You’re flogging a dead horse. Give it a rest. This isn’t a conspiracy and I’m sure if you had have asked Lumin before purchasing, they would have given you the down-low.

I’d wager a dollar that any 32 bit media you have is mainly padded zeroes and no different to 24 bit files at the audio level.

You’re better served upscaling to DSD 256 (or 512 if your DAC can handle it) in Roon and playing that back (which you have agreed works previously).

Peter do you plan to issue an update to make Lumin send correct data to the Sony TAZH1ES? Ie 32bits flow readable by the Sony (and maybe another DACs designed with a Windows/MAC driver). I am between you and Sony but Sony as a huge mammoth takes too long to give an insight of what they can do on their side.

Please test it from another Linux device.