Tidal drops plus tier, includes it in the hifi tier for the same price

I did not receive this mail yet. If I login to Tidal they still propose me to upgrade to Plus.

I made a quick test right now. The new Bruce Dickinson album Mandrake is 88.2/24. In Roon it shows 88.2 for Qobuz and for Tidal. If I play the Tidal version, my DAC says it is only 44.1. If I play the Qobuz version, it is 88.2 on the DAC.

Here the Tidal version. The signal path confirms, it is only 44.1.

Here in Switzerland we just had a price increase of 7.5% for Tidal. Anyway, right now I keep both, Tidal and Qobuz.

1 Like

I may just move to SA.

£2.89 :astonished:

2 Likes

Perhaps become family of @Mike_O_Neill so you can benefit from a family account :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Same here, I wonder if the emails are being sent dependent on your renewal date, mine is 20th of each month.
Due to the way I use Tidal, as backup to the Qobuz library, it is not used much, if I stay on hifi it’s no hardship.

1 Like

I haven’t received a mail yet either. We’ll see.

Beers cheap too , the country may be bankrupt though !!

Tidal seem to have a sliding scale based on strength of currency , as do Netflix , Apple as well. Apple Music is also R 70

2 Likes

Thank you for this. You saved me money!!!

I have family plan and get the same proposal as you to upgrade to hi-fi plus

Maybe slow changes to infrastructure.

I have to say I will keep both Tidal and Qobuz Sublime as I buy from Qobuz at a discount.

If we get the Plus subscription for free that will have a good impact on multi channel listening and I look forward to seeing if that works from Roon using HDMI out.

1 Like

I’ve not received it yet strangely. Can you please share what the UK price will be?

I presume it’s will be £10.99/month for individual subscription. However, my email did not confirm that because I am on a family subscription which will be £16.99/month - i.e that same as the HiFi tier that I am currently subscribed to.

1 Like

Good news to everyone since MQA is slowly phasing out, it is possible to lower the subscription fee.

Tidal drops the price of its premium features to $11/month | Digital Trends

1 Like

I received the same message today… :smiley:
(Netherlands)

Mine included a note about the military discount being discontinued too:

On your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024, you’ll now pay just $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month for all the same features you currently use on a TIDAL Individual plan.

This is because we’re making it easier for everyone to enjoy best-in-class sound quality by combining our HiFi and HiFi Plus tiers into a single subscription tier called TIDAL.

We will also be discontinuing your discount plan on June 10, 2024. On your first billing date on or after June 10, you will be subscribed to a TIDAL Individual plan at $10.99 (plus applicable sales tax)/month.

Please visit your Subscription page at account.tidal.com if you’d like to cancel your subscription before then. You will see these changes reflected on your Subscription page at account.tidal.com on your first billing date on or after April 10, 2024. Thanks for choosing to be a TIDAL subscriber.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Moving from Qobuz to Tidal or vice versa?

Not to assume but what are DJ Hardware and Software?

I’ve just discovered that it’s possible to take out a yearly subscription to the Hifi version for €109, or €9 a month. Was this option already available ?

Dj hardware controllers and dj software like serato or recordbox

Is anyone on HiFi and not HiFi plus getting hi res content? I renew on the 8th and I’m wondering if I should drop my sub down now to save the money. If not I may renew and then drop down before April 8 and miss out on hi res for two days.

I can see the hi-res content in the Tidal library - but attempting to play it gets me standard 44.1 or 48kS/s.

The annoucement says that the merged service will start on the 10th or April. So if you don’t change tier, this month but insteat wait until next month, at worst, you will only have to ‘suffer’ 2 days or so of non-hi-res music.

1 Like