Tidal Integration: What's Still Broken in 1.8

There are already two different playlist systems. (If I recall correctly, iTunes is a third system.) The unified feel is already broken.

1 Like

Roon already identifies Tidal, Qobuz, Roon, and imported playlists as different types of playlists and has different actions accordingly.

Tidal and Qobuz playlists should be two way syncs back to their respective services of songs from those services. Local files would not be on Tidal or Qobuz lists.

2 Likes

Great analisys!!!
I’m really unhappy with Roon update to 1.8 and looking for a way to downdrade it.
All my content is in Tidal, but I can not even sort my Tidal favourite tracks to see recently added tracks on top of a list!
That makes Roon 1.8 for me unusable at all

For what it’s worth, after reading a lot of comments from other users and trying to understand how Roon (does not) work(s) for Tidal/playlist users, here is my summary of what is wrong with Tidal/Roon integration and what could be done about it: Solve the library/non-library conundrum and all the complexities it creates for tagging, focus, playlists etc - #61 by Francois_De_Heel

2 Likes

I don’t recall that being possible in previous versions?

1 Like

I think you’re right
But the most normal thing: to see my Tidal Favourites can’t be reached in Roon
In Tracks tab I see not only my tracks but all the albums-content tracks also
This is really pain…

1 Like

Hi…I listen to alot of Tidal in work and in the car and I don’t think the Roon recommendations take this into account, the Roon recommendations are very limited. I tend to use Roon at night and listen to a particular type of music. Tidals recommendations are bang on. Closer integration would be much better…

1 Like

What I have noticed, is that despite me downgrading to the Tidal Hifi plan at £9.99 a month, (and being on my 2nd month of that), the MQA is still working in Roon. So the MQA core decoder is still working and doing the first unfold in Roon. (I don’t know if the 2nd unfold would work or not as I don’t have an MQA Dac anymore).

So, I am listening right now to Massive Attack Protection, which says:

Source
TIDAL FLAC 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch, MQA 44.1kHz
Authentication
MQA 44.1kHz
MQA Core Decoder
to 88.2kHz 24bit with MQA signalling

Something overlooked by Tidal? I thought the Hifi Tier had no MQA at all.