Tidal MQA and ROON

Is there any way to tell when Tidal adds MQA content before being transfered to Roon through Favorites? Now one has to poll all the Master fies to know if new files have been added. Very tedious.

Agreed! I’d like to see an update to the UX regarding MQA in general. Things like labels regarding the quality of an album, and maybe a setting to only see MQA quality when both HiFi and MASTER are available? Tidal doesn’t even do the UX regarding MQA well, and I’d love to see Roon beat them to it.

Anyone from Roon have an update regarding this?

I’m closing this thread down as there are some existing threads covering the same ground and it is unhelpful to have multiple discussions:

See in particular Danny’s post here:

and Brian’s post here:

I am not aware of any way to currently tell within Roon when Tidal has added new MQA content.

MQA decoding is coming to Roon and is a top priority for both Roon and MQA. Details have not been announced but will be hard to miss when an announcement is made. The devs are conscious that people will want to find and play MQA conveniently and will be doing as much as they can to ensure that can be done.

2 Likes