Time for Roon Management to Speak! MIA

Roon Sr.Management,

It has been four days since the release of 1.8. I appreciate the new modern look and feel, but you would have to agree the testing including regression testing of previous features was woefully lacking in all areas. This is an understatement!

Roon Sr. Management needs to acknowledge the situation and reassure your loyal and faithful customers what you are doing to address the many Serious issues and in what time frame.

It’s long overdue! Please show some leadership and accountability. It will look better than it does now.

Phil

2 Likes

They are not missing at all.

And obviously they are very busy trying to get people with serious service issues sorted as quickly as possible.

Out of a matter of interest did you ever post on a Microsoft forum for Bill Gates to show up and explain the new Word UI?

.sjb

7 Likes

I don’t think they have as many management levels at Roon as at MS :wink:

2 Likes

You’re wrong. Not in all areas.
For example: there was no report that the information about the need to update was not displayed …
Your thesis has been disproved.

No, it isn’t. It’s a gross overstatement. (And we all know the adjective “gross” has more than one meaning in English…)

3 Likes

I think you guys are reading a little too much into my comment.

I’m just suggesting a little more communication form Roon.

I built enterprise software for a living and fully appreciate what goes into rolling out a chance of this magnitude. You never can catch all the bugs, but you do hope to identify the big ones.

I’m confident Roon will respond quickly and resolve the big ones.

I just felt Roon could say something like this considering the flood of related comments.

Thanks

3 Likes

This thread is a waste of internet space.

6 Likes

Well @brian silently sort off admitted they released half-cooked goodies. But thats not an apology from mgmt, which I believe would indeed be on order.

1 Like

yep, some posts are indeed.

Grown ups apologize when they F.U. They said they „listen“ following 1.7 mess just to throw out 1.8 without any beta testing. Little learning.

2 Likes

I appreciate you providing this information. It is very encouraging.

Thanks

1 Like

Indeed.

.sjb

3 Likes

So the “Roon defenders” are perfectly OK with them initiating a TSUNAMI of backlog work that will take months just to repair 1.8 to the point where the customer upheavel and protest will decrease. My compliments to you, as your level of patience and indulgence as paying customers is indeed quite admirable.

2 Likes

I’m not a “Roon defender”, just a satisfied customer. If I wasn’t satisfied then I’d take my business elsewhere. Pretty simple really.

2 Likes

Why don’t you look for an alternative, there is such a great variety of high quality audio library, player systems out there :worried::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: