Top 10 Feature Requests

Here is a mix of some of my personal favorites, some of them small, some of them quite adventuresome (especially further down the list). Food for thought really, I am quite happy with Roon today!

• Two way Roon - Tidal editing of Playlists (clear #1 for me)
  • Some way of keeping iOS session “alive” and/or lock screen widget for Pause and Volume
  • If you’re on an Artist, you hit View All albums, KEEP the year and stars (not sure why they disappear!!)
  • More interesting design and/or tweaking of Display View (on big TV for me)
  • Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock
  • Convert Playlist entries from Tidal songs to Qobuz songs (and keeping play counts would be nice) (this keeps me from converting to Qobuz)
  • Identification of tracks now Unavailable in your streaming service (Tidal)
  • Roon Radio based on the full contents of an existing playlist
  • Secret panel to tweak Roon Radio! (every app needs a secret panel)
  • Recommendations driven by Roon user aggregate statistics, more direct song-to-song recommendation navigation (not just Related Artists). Could be at bottom of a Playlist recommending additional songs (which is what Spotify does)
  • Roon user submitted reviews – i learn the most from others here
  • have forum links of songs and albums open in Roon and locate song in your library or in your configured streaming service.
  • Allow Roon playlist sharing via forum links (potentially expose some of the forum within Roon to facilitate this)
  • Better use and exposure of our activity data in Roon — popular songs, popular artists, etc. across the year or by time of day. A music data explorer.
  • Natively implement a more rigorous genre/mood categorization scheme
  • Personal Roon Radio “stations” that have their own associated likes and influencers (aka Pandora), so I might have Late Night Jazz Roon Radio, or Workout in the Morning Roon Radio
  • Support for Mixcloud (possible), 8tracks (possible), Soundcloud (not possible), and Spotify (not possible)
  • AppleTV app for Now Playing
  • Sync Roon Catalogs across another Core (i.e. laptop for travel) without Restore process (via DropBox)
17 Likes