1.Airplay2/HomePod support
2.iPad portrait mode
3.Apple music support

1 Like
  • iPad Portrait mode
  • Roon mobile sounds goods
1 Like
  1. Roon mobile
  2. Same functionality/interfsce from all remote plattforms (example: focus from Android phones)
  3. Identification of tracks that, from time to time, gets unavailable from the streaming service
1 Like

Improved handling of Big box sets

Individual disc name
Individual album art
Album art in a display bit like Tags

7 Likes

Nobody mentioned profiles that actually give some security for stopping any user from deleting everything including all your music.

While I would like mobile too but with clients for Spotify and tidal already doing this I can wait…remote wired/vpn support would be good tho so I could at least get my own library contents.

• SACD ISO support
  • Vertical scrolling
  • Metadata editing
  • Metadata for Classical collections
  • Apple Watch control
5 Likes
  • Improved handling of box sets (as @Mike_O_Neill listed above)
  • Proper profiles and role management
5 Likes

Yes! Can you please apply for a job in Roon’s R&D department? This list has some of the best feature requests I hadn’t even though of yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you kidding me? You haven’t found it YET? :wink:

3 Likes
  1. individual track ratings (0 to 5 stars)
  2. better meta data import (individual tags)
  3. Metadata editing
  4. more detailed Metadata for classical collections
  5. light subscription (cheaper fee)
  6. leaner tree (less clicks needed to reach a certain song)
  7. Easier access to Hires music (instead of focus filter)
5 Likes

I would be honored at the opportunity!!

• bio and reviews in multilingual
  • edit covers (rotating in 90 degrees)
  • 48k-derived DSD rates - "Auto rate family” as in HQPlayer
2 Likes

Portrait & landscape are available on 13” iPad pro.

3 Likes

“What’s the point”

Lol. My thoughts entirely as I read through the posts. :grinning::rofl::yum:

2 Likes

That was for you. I KNEW you’d get it my friend!

1 Like

There is no point😩.

2 Likes

In terms of new features, I have two requests:

1. Since most software development efforts don’t like to promise too far into the future, how about a list of what is promised for the next release? If this is somewhere I have not seen it yet, a pointer would be appreciated.

2. A topic created/controlled by Roon where they could put up proposals for features and everyone could vote (only once please).

The last point above would give us all some insight as to where our favorite features fit - or don’t.

I prefer playlists and a track trim feature would especially work great on live tracks with long audience intros or outros.

Haha. I’m not upset at all with the status quo; Roon’s working fine, and I accept it as it is. It’s more that I’m feeling like a wise old nanna watching all the grandkids running around making all the same mistakes of innocent youth, or seeing the bright-eyed hope on peoples faces when Boris Johnson says he’s getting “close to a deal”. :hugs::star_struck:

2 Likes

I do know Soundiiz, but it does not support Roon. While you can convert a playlist from almost any streaming service to another (for example from Spotify to Tidal) it does not support Roon playlists. So if I use Tidal inside of Roon, my frontend and all my playlists are based on Roon. Right now, I have several playlists inside of Roon, that include songs from Tidal. If I want to change my streaming service from Tidal to Qobuz, I would love to be able to swap all the Tidal songs in my Roon playlists to Qobuz songs. Also, I still use Spotify and I have tons of Spotify playlists, that I would love to import to Roon using Qobuz songs.

2 Likes