Track playback 'issues'

No apologies needed @OneHandWaving!

Our product is built around the queue, which makes it easy to select a few albums to play in a row without having to create a playlist.

Anything you play is added to the queue, so if you click individual tracks, only that track is queued. To play a whole album, you just need to click “Play Album” and then all the tracks will be added to the queue.

If there are tracks on album you never want queued (like an intro, or a skit, or a really bad song), you can use our Ban feature – just click the heart twice and the song will be banned.

If you only want to play some songs on an album, you can also right-click (or press and hold on touch) to select the songs you want to play.

A lot of this is focused on playing full albums, so definitely let us know if you feel this isn’t meeting your needs.

This is our Radio feature, which kicks in any time the Queue runs out.

If you want to turn this feature off, just click the black background at the bottom of the app to see the queue. You can turn Radio off there.

We’ve heard similar feedback here and we’re thinking about it.

The main reason for the confirm is that you might want to listen to the new album straight away, or you might want to play it next, or add it to the end of the queue. I personally tend to listen to whole albums, so I’m generally adding content to the queue more often that just playing things straight away.

Everyone listens differently, and we’re absolutely open to feedback for future releases. For now, I’d encourage you to live with what we call our “pawmasher” buttons – it’s a pretty big change for new users, but a few have come back a week or two later to let us know how much they end up loving them. And if you don’t love them, let us know that too!

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for writing so much :smile:

1 Like