TuneIn Replacement for BBC Radio

@wklie - Peter,
Is there any possibility of a replacement for TuneIn?
Here in the UK we’re unable to listen to our national (BBC) stations, and now are loosing international stations too.

Perhaps Vtuner could be an option?
[I know I can use Roon Radio, but I’m not intending to renew for another year]
Simon.

1 Like

You may use AirPlay from a radio app.

Airplay requires the streaming phone/iPad to remain on the network, we need streaming directly from the LUMIN, Tunein offers little value in the UK now to stream the BBC.

Or an option to add a URL like Roon have provided.

1 Like

Airplay is a poor solution for a number of reasons.

I’ve been trying LMS, using the LMS>UPnP bridge plugin, but with variable results.
Miminstreamer is an option I’ve yet to try.

Hopefully there will be some presure from dealers/distributor to provide a radio solution for the UK.

1 Like

wklie, are there any plans for a replacement for TuneIn?

1 Like

Why don’t you use Roon Live Radio? If you do not find your radio station there, you can always add it yourself. You just have to find the URL for the station.

The other thing about TuneIn They start sending ads. Using Roon you connect directly to your radio station without a broker in between, who also wants to generate an income.

2 Likes

Hi, I would like to find out again about the impossibility of streaming BBC English radio stations on my LUMIN S1 streamer, as was possible until a few months ago. Aware that the broadcasts are now broadcasting in Hls format, I was wondering why streaming is possible via the other Naim streamer I use, which is also a bit dated (unitiqute 2) and not from the LUMIN S1.
Do you think there is a solution? Using AirPlay is not an option for me. Thank you,
Daniele

Use Roon Live Radio to stream to Lumin.

It is true that Roon Radio is one of the option that can listen to BBC’s stations. Airplay is another option however the sound quality is not good enough for me or same to other audiophiles as well ? It is the only reason that keeping me to use Roon. Hope there is another option for Lumin to listen to internet radio other than rely on TuneIn in Lumin.
Have been using Roon since Dec last year. Is has been almost 10 months now. Still not able to listen to my library’s song smoothly via Roon. Now using Lumin for the music in my library. Roon for the radio. There are many problems on Roon and lack of supports. Hence, not planned to renew the subscription same as Simon.
It is very sad and frustrated as I have built a PC just for the ROON Rock server purpose.
Thanks

I don’t have a Lumin and I don’t live in the UK. But I’ve tried the WiiM Home app for my WiiM Mini. Which has a build in BBC section. And access to both TuneIn and vTuner.

While trying either TuneIn or vTuner BBC stations just won’t play. But using the BBC section some play and some don’t.

It seems that an el cheapo 99 Dollar streamer works better than the really expensive ones…

Firmware 17 supports BBC Radio for UK users.