Untangling artist/artist/artist

Same issue here, with Gary Peacock – but even more so with Keith Jarrett: most of his trio albums are grouped under ‘Keith Jarrett’, but somehow four of them are stubbornly grouped as ‘Keith Jarrett Trio’.

Most disturbing. :wink:

@brian As long as both are included. But I read you previous post as saying “Somebody’s Trio” is not very useful as a reference because the membership is not stable. And the metadata sources are random, as in my case with Peacock. And in some cases the artists randomize things as in the thread about Neil Young.

I had expected you would do the opposite, identify Gary Peacock as the reference (and Neil Young in the other case) and keep the full reference as editorial.

And I think I would prefer that. But as long as both are captured I’m ok.

Yeah, I agree.

It really just depends on what distinctions we can make in the source data.

I moved 7 posts to a new topic: Last Name, First Name

I have only just started cataloging my collection, but already I am noticing the inconsistencies mentioned in other posts. For example, the artists screen shows two separate artists for “Eye in the Sky” - one being “Alan Parsons Project” and the other being “Alan Parsons”. But on “Reggatta De Blanc” it only shows “The Police” and not “Sting”. I can see both sides, but personally, I think categorizing “Eye in the Sky” under “Alan Parsons” is wrong. I have another album which was done by Alan Parsons, but not by “Alan Parsons Project”, and I don’t really want it to show up under both.

Finally… I am loving Roon. It is actually making cataloging of my digital music collection interesting instead of a chore.