On January 1st, 2023, our pricing will change as follows:
• $12.49/month, billed annually
• $14.99/month, billed monthly
• Lifetime billing for $829.99, one-time.
If you already have a subscription or trial, check your email! We sent you more details about how this change impacts you. If you were considering switching billing plans, now is the time!
If you have a lifetime subscription, this change doesn’t affect you. You’ll continue to get access to Roon for no additional charge.
We want to continue to build a better, more inspiring music player for everyone. This change ensures that we continue to give you a best-in-class listening experience.
When we raised the price of the lifetime subscription 3 years ago, we learned a lot about how people felt.
- People who were in a trial expected to be able to upgrade at the old price even if the trial ended after the price increase
- People who were in a subscription expected to be able to upgrade at the old price
- People who let their subscription end, but were expecting to come back soon at old pricing
- People who were on the fence about starting a trial, but had not done so yet, felt that they were not given any notice to act faster
- People who had audio systems on order but their system had not yet arrived were waiting to sign up for Roon after the system was set up, and they were sad to have missed the old pricing
- People who had ordered a Nucleus unit just a bit before the price increase expected to get old pricing
- People who already had a lifetime expected to be able to buy another lifetime or a gift lifetime at old pricing
Some of the above expectations we found to be fair criticism (others not so much). Either way, we’ve tried to address all these cases by doing the following:
- email notices for existing users giving them over 6 weeks of notice
- email notices for new trials giving those users extra advance notice
- notification to past subscribers that let trials and/or subscriptions lapse
- website changes on the pricing page informing everyone, including non-subscribers
- locking in pricing for trials that will start in the final days of 2022 (only for the first charge)
- this community post, over 6 weeks in advance of the price increase
We’re making sure to address all of those concerns this time, giving everyone plenty of time to decide how they’d like to proceed.
If you have any questions, contact us at roonlabs.com/contact.