User preference for Art Director photos

Yes, a “User Preference” against the available images, choosing the one you want displayed for that Artist in your Music Library.

You can always login to Valence and view the other images and reselect another, or unset the Preference and go back to machine-delivered.

4 Likes

Simon, I am liking that idea.
Not sure Roon will be, but it’s a bit of a best of all worlds and ticks all boxes.

4 Likes

Consider a simple case of two images, and 10 votes. 6 people vote for image A, 4 for B.

As it stands at the moment, 4 people don’t get what they would prefer, and whoever uploaded that image may be demotivated and disincentivised to do any more.

With @simon_pepper s proposal, all 10 people get what they want, and both people who uploaded images have some recognition and gratitude for their work.

And in the case of images where you are happy to go along with the majority, should the “winner” always be chosen? Why not still vary the artwork offered, maybe weighted by preferences?

2 Likes

Or, much more simply, give the possibility that the “heart” you put on the image in Valence is also the choice for your case. If and when you get tired of that image, you will go back to Valence and change your choice or upload a new image.
If you don’t choose any image, automatically the one with the most “hearts” will be the choice

3 Likes

Since this has now been turned into a votable feature suggestion, would those who haven’t voted, consider voting for it. The “heart” idea is a good one.

It’s a very good Idea but many of us have no votes left :roll_eyes::thinking:

6 Likes

This is true…I ran out of votes a long time ago.
Definitely need more votes available to users IMHO.

That sounds like a feature request on its own…lol.

Now I have to find a feature I voted on previously that I like less than this one, unvote and return here to vote.

5 Likes

I knew there was a right man for the job :wink:
I also had an idea it might be you !!!

1 Like

Constraints make for good design. If we could vote for anything and everything, we would get nothing done. Hence my anti-feature request which I knew would be unpopular :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nobody mentioned voting for " everything and anything".

Just a few more available votes would be nice.
That’s it…not unlimited.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion :wink:

However…back to the topic in hand.

A very good idea IMHO and my vote has been added.

4 Likes

I gave it my last vote.

I’m going to end up not voting for my own ideas at this point.

3 Likes

I hit my limit long ago, so now I need to unvote to use it elsewhere, so now I’m voting on my voting :rofl:

1 Like

If only the things we had voted on had been implemented, then we could take our votes back and re-use them.
I will have to review mine, but I remember the last time I looked I thought I had used them wisely :grin:

4 Likes

We’ll that’s the thing… how long should we wait before redeploying our votes? And I don’t remember voting for anything remotely like valence art director, even though it’s kinda cool.

1 Like

Agreed and it is pretty cool (though I might actually have voted for more and varied artwork).

The lack of actual new features does mean that our votes sit mostly wasted though.
I think that I would rather Roon focus on stability for the near future and take all our votes off us and not have another release over Christmas like we just have

2 Likes

The hardcore method to make Valence Art Director shine is:

Remove the option to add artwork inside Roon incl. already added artwork that way, so many of us will wake up to many artists with no artwork, it’s a cruel world we live in.

This way will force users to upload to VAD so everyone will benefit, but the user shall have the option to pick the artwork they prefer to see in Roon, those that don’t choose will get the artwork most users have chosen.

1 Like

Currently the image being displayed is the one that has the most votes. If you don’t like it you can choose your own image but doing so will not only change the avatar but also the wide banner and (I think) you can’t use different personal photos for avatar and banner.

Voted. The ability to choose your favoured art from Valence is a surprising omission.

1 Like

how do i vote?

basically, i dont’ really see the reason for having for some artists many pictures available, and not being able to really choose one, but only vote one…

the “workaround”, id est to edit a personal image, is not acceptable as that tool does not allow to set the three views (avatar, etc)

At the top of the page