What are your favorite songs for a LOT of bass?

Entire album

Track 1

Le Sacre du Printemps (bass drum transients).

1 Like

The Hills by The Weeknd.
RoonShareImage-637725225750995610

Most of this album pushes the bass. This track, finds the things that rattle.

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637725781276046200

I used to do hi-fi shows and people would be begging to leave the room by the end of the Jazz Variants track.

RoonShareImage-637725782043312710

RoonShareImage-637725783300681570

RoonShareImage-637725783950194120

RoonShareImage-637725784153945510

RoonShareImage-637725784372178500

RoonShareImage-637725786880092230

6 Likes

2 Likes

Have a electronic sugestion
IF…Someone want to try there subs full potential…Try the hole sub-genre for DUB…Called…Chillstep…
For my ears and brain…Its very very :+1:

1 Like

Red violin is amazing!

1 Like

Chris Stapelton, Death Row

5 Likes

Thanks Brett, Stapleton is awesome

Why not simply listen to “I Play Bass” by Moussa Diallo, from his 1992 album Diallo?
There you have REAL deep bass - and the recording quality is excellent.
It might be hard to find this album, but there is a youtube video with “I Play Bass” (lower quality of course)

Hey all :slight_smile:

What do you think about “Earth drums” from He Xun-Tian in Paramita ?

You have also Chris Jones with “No Sanctuary Here” ^^

1 Like

An other : one of the famous dire straits in Private Investigations (2nd part). At high volume, I have goosebumps ^^

And if u want to destroy your equippement : “We don’t play guitar” from chicks on speed (only for advertised people ^^)

Any album by Billy Sheehan…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

4 Likes

I recommend the following:

Lars Danielsson, Libera me, Asnah

Björk, Homogenic

Hattler, The Kite

Eiji Oue / Minnesota Orchestra, Le Sacre du printemps by Stravinsky

Michael Stern / Kansas City Symphony, Symphony No. 3 (with Organ) by Saint-Saëns

3 Likes

The opening track - bear with it, at 2 minutes it all kicks off big time. REL fans will probably know it - they use it for demos. Apparently a show visitor asked if it could be played. Everyone was scratching their head wondering what on earth it was. Until that 2 minute point, then they just grinned. As will you!

3 Likes

Mongolian Throat singing anyone.
This has a lovely Bass weight to it, so not recommended late at night with a sub woofer :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I had a fraternity brother that listened to this genre non stop for almost a year.
Then the threatened beatings started happening . . .
peace resumed.

2 Likes

Paul I should learn from your excellent example :wink:
Sometime I get into listening too music and slowly turn the volume ever so slightly to the right bit by bit until :hammer:.

Now I have just seen they are playing the local city in March… off to look for tickets
Darn it, YouTube mixed up concert venues and bands, so no tickets for the Hu for me

1 Like

This song convinced me that not all speaker cables are equal :slight_smile:

3 Likes