What information is Roon server collecting from me?

agreed, let us call it personal data, shall we ?, and according to the european law that it is any piece of information that relates to an identifiable person.

Understood, thank you

Read it, thank you. Respectfully, your privacy policy seems clear, but (and according to the question I stated first in this thread) where is stored the information you collect from me ?, Is it transferred outside of the EU by any chance ?, Is it share with any third party in any way, shape or form ?. If you provided answers to that original questions and I missed them, I apologize. Otherwise, please provide answers to those questions, I would appreciate it.

According to the European Law and subsequent right for citizens, the following is the information that I should receive when I provide personal my data: (from ec.erope.eu/info/law)

—begining of quote
When you provide your personal data, you must receive, among other things, information about:

• the name of the company or organisation that is processing your data (including the contact details of the DPO, if there is one);
  • the purposes for which the company/organisation will use your data;
  • the categories of personal data concerned;
  • the legal basis for processing your personal data;
  • the length of time for which your data will be stored;
  • other companies/organisations that will receive your data;
  • whether data will be transferred outside the EU;
  • your basic rights in the field of data protection (for example, the right to access and transfer data or have it removed);
  • the right to lodge a complaint with a Data Protection Authority (DPA);
  • the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
  • the existence of automated decision-making and the logic involved, including the consequences thereof.

The information should be presented in a concise, transparent, intelligible way and drafted in clear and plain language.
------end of quote

The last paragraph is very important.
The fact that “many members have read and understood”, as you stated, does not preclude you from complying with my rightfully and respectful enquire from the beginning and answering the information in accordance with the European law. You need to provide that (all of that) information when requested.

It is a good idea though to have an external audit for this matter. Data protection and online privacy is a serious matter here in Europe for consumers and service providers alike.

I am using my trial period with Roon to not only evaluate the product, but also the company policies and respect for consumer privacy. I quit Facebook in the blink of a eye right after knowing they were selling consumer data to Cambridge Analytica. It is in the hands of the companies who provided the services to honor that beautiful promise in their Terms of Service statements, with facts.

Nice to meet you Danny, my name is Pepe. If you are so kind to address the questions unanswered, it would be great and I would be really grateful.