What information is Roon server collecting from me?

As noted above, your music collection does not qualify as your linked or unlinked personal data, nor is your play history or any other thing we collect about how you use Roon.

This only applies to your “personal information”, “payment information”, and “location information” as per our privacy policy. The rest does not fall under any of these laws because it can not be tied back to you personally.

It is stored in the US. If you have a problem with that, let us know and we will cancel your account. We will get that added to the T&C so accepting it qualifies you to accept it.

Yes it is, I answered this here, as stated above by @Martin_Webster

To answer your other EC information:

Roon Labs LLC

To provide functionality and support for the software Roon, and the services associated with your subscription. Your email is your login, your name is used for addressing you, and your IP/location is used for licensing copyright materials.

This is all listed on the privacy policy under personal information, payment information, location information.

The name/email is for obvious reasons. The questionable one is location/IP, and that is for copyright reporting.

I noted this above.

I noted this above. None.

Yes.

You can change it all or cancel your account.

We are not stopping you :slight_smile:

Just cancel your membership and/or change what you want. We will remove all except what was noted above.

There are none.

It is for us too. We have worked hard to do the lawful thing. As for an auditor, I don’t think you realize that we are under 20 employees, and quite a small company. We are doing well, but the costs associated with an audit like this are quite large.

We’ve architected our system so that it fits the legal requirements, not so it meets the needs of every person that has their own personal definition of “privacy”.

If you don’t like that your Roon usage is known to us, vote with your dollars. If you are worried about us telling someone that Pepe A listens to Michael Jackson, you have nothing to worry about. If you are worried about adding a tick to Michael Jackson’s popularity, now is the time to leave.

14 Likes