What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

We were invited to see Sarah McQuaid last night (we paid as comps would have come out of her money, that’s how tough it is for musicians out there).
She is a quality performer, very personable and engaging. A beautiful sound due to her sound engineer who also helps with very innovative and impressive vocal looping in places.
Her guitar has a sound that you have to hear. Made by the person who makes Jimmy Pages Guitars she told me. I forget the name.
The music is a bit on the folk spectrum (although varied) and wouldn’t fit our sound signature to host but that is no criticism of the artist. She has her sound and she follows her own path.
She has a huge tour coming up and is also off to The Netherlands this year. Sarah is well worth seeing live if you get a chance, an accomplished performer.

1 Like

Some recommended live music. The LYNNeS. I hope some people here can make some of these dates.
Looks to be a great tour.

LYNNE HANSON News Jan 30, 2018

ALL ABOUT THE LYNNES | NEW ALBUM | OFFICIAL VIDEO | TOUR DATES

After spending two months touring Western Canada with my own solo project, we are now set to launch The LYNNeS in earnest! The LYNNeS is a collaboration between myself and Juno-award winning Ottawa songwriter Lynn Miles. We’ve been working together for a few years now - we’ve co-written some songs, and she’s produced two of my albums (River of Sand & 7 Deadly Spins). About this time last year we decided to form The LYNNeS.

NEW ALBUM

Fast forward to now, and our debut album HEARTBREAK SONG FOR THE RADIO is set to hit the streets this Friday February 2nd. We’ve had a number of early reviews already, and this is what a few people have had to say about the new album:

“With clever lyrics, superb harmonies and high quality backing musicians, this debut album is an absolute joy from first track to last” - Rory Stanbridge | FATEA Magazine (UK)

“An engrossing listen … the album opens with what must be one of THE songs of 2018 … a highly impressive early 2018 release … and The LYNNeS ‘ones to watch’.” - Pete Whalley | Get Ready to ROCK! (UK)

“Heartbreak Song for the Radio is stellar … Beautiful stuff, this. Seek it.” - Donald Teplyske | Fervor Coulee

If you’d like to find out more about the project, listen to sample, or ORDER the CD, we now have an OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.thelynnes.com

and you can also find us on SOCIAL MEDIA:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/thelynnesmusic
INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/thelynnes
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/thelynnes

As well as iTunes: The LYNNeS on iTunes

OFFICIAL VIDEO “RECIPE FOR DISASTER”

Dave Draves was good enough to let us take over the Little Bullhorn Productions studio AND kitchen for a day, and we cooked up a music video for our single “Recipe For Disaster.” The video was filmed and directed by Leslie Marshall (MAVN Network), assisted by Deidre Morrison, and cinematography by Pixie Cram. Here’s the link if you’d like to check it out:

The LYNNeS Official Video “Recipe For Disaster”

THE LYNNES TOUR DATES

And finally The LYNNeS will be hopping onto trains, planes and into vans to play shows in Europe and the UK in just a couple of weeks, followed by dates in Canada this coming spring. Here’s a list of all announced The LYNNeS Winter / Spring album release tour dates with ticket links where available. As always, feel free to share with friends, family and colleagues if we’re heading their way! And THANK YOU for your continued support!!

Lynne

UNITED KINGDOM
21.02.18 - The Hawth, Crawley, UK tickets
22.02.18 - The Hive, Shrewsbury, UK tickets
23.02.18 - Newbald Village Hall, Newbald, UK tickets
24.02.18 - Little Rabbit Barn, Colchester, UK tickets
25.02.18 - Green Note, London, UK tickets
26.02.18 - Kitchen Garden Cafe, Birmingham, UK tickets
27.02.18 - The Musician Pub, Leicester, UK tickets
28.02.18 - Biddulph Up In Arms, Biddulph, UK tickets

EUROPE
02.03.18 - Panorama Museum, Bad Frankenhausen, DE tickets
03.03.18 - House Concert, The Hague, NL
04.03.18 - Spoetnik, Vlissingen, NL (matinee) tickets
05.03.18 - Peter en Leni, Steendam, NL reserve website
06.03.18 - House Concert, Aachen, DE
07.03.18 - House Concert, Biedenkopf, DE
09.03.18 - Industriemuseum, Elmshorn, DE SOLD OUT
10.03.18 - In The Woods, Leusden, NL reserve website
11.03.18 - Cambrinus, Horst, NL (matinee) tickets

CANADA
12.04.18 - Motley Kitchen, Sudbury, ON website to reserve
13.04.18 - Cafe In The Woods, Manitoulin Island, ON
18.04.18 - Moonshine Cafe, Oakville, ON call 905-844-2655 to reserve
19.04.18 - Silence, Guelph, ON tickets
20.04.18 - The Burdock, Toronto, ON (early show) tickets
21.04.18 - Barrie Folk, Barrie, ON tickets
22.04.18 - Tweedsmuir Tavern, Tweed, ON call 613-478-2710 to reserve
10.05.18 - Second Wind Music Centre, Florenceville-Bristol, NB
11.05.18 - Steamers Lobster Company, Saint John, NB
12.05.18 - Grimross Brewery, Fredericton, NB
13.05.18 - TBD, St. Andrews, NB
16.05.18 - The Carleton, Halifax, NS
17.05.18 - TBD, Shelburne, NS
18.05.18 - Al Whittle Theatre, Wolfville NS
19.05.18 - Harmony House Theatre, Hunter River, PEI tickets
25.05.18 - Art Gallery, VanKleek Hill, ON
26.05.18 - National Arts Centre, Ottawa, ON tickets
27.05.18 - National Arts Centre, Ottawa, ON (matinee) tickets
03.06.18 - Rickks Room, Laurentians, QC
08.06.18 - house concert, Ottawa ON
09.06.18 - house concert, Ottawa, ON

On the docket for me over the next month or so:

• G. Love & Special Sauce (1/31)
  • Charlie Hunter Trio (2/3)
  • Tedeschi Trucks Band (2/16)
  • Reed Mathis & Electric Beethoven (2/21)
  • Portugal.The Man. (2/24)
  • Rhye (2/26)
  • Wolf! (featuring Scott Metzger) (3/2)

Go see live music!

Cc: @Rugby (these are all in DC)

2 Likes

Lilly Hiatt is Suporting the TTB. She is great, can’t believe I saw and met her playing in a pub in Bristol and now she has this.

1 Like

Here is my current list:

1. George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic (2/16) Rams Head Live
  2. LP (3/5) 9:30 Club
  3. OMD (3/6) 9:30 Club
  4. Judas Priest (3/18) Anthem
  5. Anderson East (4/6) 9:30 Club
  6. Steve Wilson (4/24) 9:30 Club

Although, I pulled up Charlie Hunter and I might go check him out. Especially since I’ve not been to that venue.

2 Likes

What’s ‘LP’?

And mine :

• Friday 02 February 2018 : Cruise to the Edge Pre-Party 2018
  • Saturday 03 February 2018 – Thursday 08 February 2018 : Cruise to the Edge 2018
  • Thursday 22 March 2018 : Toto Arena de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
  • Saturday 31 March 2018 : Steven Wilson The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, UK
  • Saturday 14 April 2018 : Roger Waters Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
  • Thursday 10 May 2018 : Arena live Konzertfabrik Z7, Pratteln, Switzerland
  • Saturday 12 May 2018 : Steve Rothery Band, etc. London
  • Saturday 16 June 2018 – Sunday 17 June 2018 : Stone Free Festival 2018 Yes ( ARW ), Anathema, etc.
  • Friday 06 July 2018 : Roger Waters Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Friday 13 July 2018 – Sunday 15 July 2018 : Night of the Prog Festival 2018 Camel, Riverside, Mystery, Big Big Train, Steve Hogarth, etc.
  • Saturday 04 August 2018 – Sunday 05 August 2018 : Rock au Château 2018 Marillion, Anekdoten, etc.
  • Monday 17 September 2018 : Camel Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

https://www.songkick.com/users/Dirk-Pitt/calendar

@Henri , because you asked…

1 Like

Thanks Rugby.

Just got in, late from seeing Shelby Lynne with Alison Moorer at Cadogan Hall London. The show was hosted by Bob Harris.
Teddy Thompson (Think Richard and Linda) opened with a 45 min set and then joined the ladies with the band on stage to do a cover of ‘Alison’ the Elvis Costello hit.

Alison and Shelby were enjoying themselves thoroughly in each other’s company as they played their way through the latest Album. Along with some old classics. Excellant.

We were delighted that the venue played artist we have hosted in the interval. Annie Keating, Danni Nicholls and Anne McCue amongst others. All from recordings made at Bob Harris’s ‘Under The Apple Tree’ sessions.

This was a truly class act. Only topped by the consumption of a Kebab at Gallows Kebabs on the way home.

Marvellous :sunglasses:

Review in Financial Times

2 Likes

Saw Lee Konitz’s 90th birthday show. He couldn’t remember the song titles but his playing and singing were absolutely exquisite.

Thomas Collison was voted Instrumentalist of the year in the AMAUK awards.

We have been fortunate to have Tom play for us a couple of times now. He also plays for ‘The Dreaming Spires’ and on tour with ‘Danny and the Champion of the World’.

Here he is. Celebrating with Hannah Rose Platt who is playing for us in March. Another amazing talent.

Last night we went to see Shirma Rouse in the Doetinchem Amphion. She’s currently touring round the Netherlands with her celebration of Aretha Franklin’s music. Great show!

3 Likes

Had the pleasure to see Manu Katché Friday night. He is touring as a trio with Jerome Regard (bass) and Jim Grandcamp (guitar). I was expecting more jazz but his new project is more like something between ambient rock and jazz-funk. He includes lot’s of loops and sound snippets from a sequencer (looked like ableton live).
It was a small venue so I sat just a few feet away from him and had a good look at his excellent drumming. Anyways, he totally rocked the place… :metal:

1 Like

Went to see the Charlie Hunter Trio (in an unusual, drums, guitar (which is also a bass), vocals configuration) this weekend. Must-see.

If you don’t know him, CH plays a seven string guitar, which allows him to cover both the bass and guitar parts. It’s incredible. As if he has four hands and two brains.

Here’s a brief clip of one of his solo tunes from the show to give you an idea…

Last saturday I have been to my (probably) favorite german band: kettcar
Did not make any videos or photos. Just listened. It was great.

@crieke

Hi Christopher,

that’s what music is all about IMO. It makes you focus on the here and now. :grinning:

1 Like

Elbow yesterday in A’dam.
Still not sure what they are, nerdy or just a ‘band from the local bar’.

But the show was amazing. Superb sound, very classy light show.

1 Like

We Hosted Lynn Miles and Lynne Hanson touring as The LYNNeS last Saturday. They were a sensation. You know immediately when your in the company of world class artists.

Hanna Paris, Center in pic, opened the show with a short set also.

The view from my seat as they unplugged and wandered the room singing ‘You Gotta Have Rain’.

“We wrote it unplugged and we are going to play it unplugged”

I don’t care how good your Hi Fi is and what exotic cables you use, you cannot capture this!

Link to my Blog from the night. http://www.littlerabbitbarn.com/the-lynnes-hannah-paris-saturday-24-february-2018

2 Likes

Last night… Wolf! in DC.

Short video clip:

They’re in PA tonight, then back home to NYC…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeJJGYnAabg/?taken-by=scottymetz