What MQA are we listening to [2020-2024]

Sorry to butt in, but can someone direct me to the “What FLAC are we listening to [2020]” thread?

(I’ll show myself out.)

Well, you are in the right place as MQA is streamed in a Flac wrapper via tidal. Welcome to the pleasure dome… :joy:

There has been a lot of Chris Rea activity on Tidal recently with the inclusion of the Blue Guitar Box Set as individual albums though sadly not in MQA.

This is MQA Studio 96K where the original albums are only MQA 24/44.1

Sounding splendid so far…

I just bought the box set. Not even ripped it yet. :man_facepalming:

he’s a wonderful musician, no doubt, but having met Barenboim, and seen first hand what an ■■■■■■■ he can be, its difficult for me to listen to his recordings.

I guess as a prodigy, there is some baggage? Intriguingly, you didn’t find Wagner’s personality an obstacle :wink:

1 Like

It’s a lovely thing to own outright…

1 Like

i never met Wagner.

1 Like

I suspect you would have found him an ■■■■■■■ too. But that’s where a double negative becomes something of wonder.

1 Like

This is way off topic, but I think you might enjoy it…Some years ago, Barenboim had a series of sell-out concerts in London, playing the Beethoven Sonatas. It was so popular, when we went to the bar in the interval, I found that Dave Gilmour was behind me…being British I did the only thing that I could and ignored him…
Barenboim was playing the ‘Waldstein’ sonata, and well, though to my mind was not a patch on Kovacevich. We were on the front row, and when the audience gave him a standing ovation, in all conscience, I didn’t feel we could join in, and so we remained seated; in retrospect, perhaps a little harsh. So he came and stood right in front of us and glared at us. That did not change our behaviour…
I should add, his Ring Cycle at the BBC Proms a few years later was quite different, and I stood and cheered for a long time.

1 Like

great story.

I had the (mis?)fortune to work with him in Paris in the mid-80s. he was indifferent to me, but quite rude and demeaning to several of my colleagues. i’ve not listened to him the same way since.

MQA 192 Studio

2 Likes

Really enjoying this one. Great music and great sound quality.

3 Likes

Seasick Steve in MQA and sounding fine

1 Like

Well, I didn’t see this coming either, all this lovely MQA suddenly appearing and from artists I never expected at all. Artists we have had the pleasure to host at LRB like Angel Snow, Hannah Aldridge and Ward Thomas…
So, I’ve been playing these and even at 44/24 they sound sublime on my system.
This is an exciting time for music as I eagerly wait to see what pops up next which give me another reason to re explore my library.

1 Like

Did you see Goldrush in MQA ?

I don’t Is it regional maybe

Yes, Goldrush is in MQA, I am UK based. 24 bit 44

Madness in MQA

2 Likes

It had to be done :joy:

1 Like

On the other end of the scale, we have some lovely MQA Studio here

1 Like