1 Like

Chantal Chamberland

2 Likes

Niceā€¦

2 Likes

Even betterā€¦

1 Like

Carla Bley - ā€œLife goes onā€.

Iā€™m listening to the MQA version of this album on Tidal via the Roon 1st MQA unfold on my (non MQA enabled) Linn Klimax DS/1.

I have only recently begun to appreciate some jazz, but this album and in particular the first track when the saxophone comes in is absolutely breathtaking in its simplicity and realism. The interplay between the piano, bass line and saxophone are stunning.

No idea if a Qobuz hi-res version would sound equally good.

2 Likes

If you want something oh so smooth, you may enjoy this

6 Likes

My favorite track off of this album. The sense of space of outstanding. You are literally transported to the cathedral it was recorded in.

https://tidal.com/track/34097905

5 Likes

Smooth with a capital ā€˜smooā€™

1 Like

Thanks for posting the link - much appreciated, makes it much easier to find :nerd_face:

Although I like to see the album art if the the text title is posted as well, then it can be copy and pasted into a search, but with a link you know you have the right one.

1 Like

@Bandersnatch,

Yeah, I really donā€™t like the Roon social sharing feature. Itā€™s very rudimentary. How hard is it to provide the link to the content if itā€™s online? While it was an extra step for me to grab the link from the Tidal app it makes it easier for others to get to the music you love which is the whole point of sharing right?

I posted an enhancement request for this as well.

I heard this for the first time recently. Itā€™s surprisingly good. Two different musical cultures came together and created something very special. If you are a fan of acoustic stringed instruments and various types of percussion I recommend it.

4 Likes

This isnā€™t MQA, is it?
Great album though!

If you are referring to Melody Gardot, It is MQA but the MQA version didnā€™t come up top of the list. The version is MQA 96

No, I was replying to Vincent. What made you think I was replying to you?

It came up in my list of replies and I had trouble finding the MQA version as I saidā€¦ Just being clear if it was that one. Trying to be helpful.

Iā€™ve just learned you can now download MQA files (from places like HiResAudio.com) rather than just stream them from Tidal.

Has anyone tried an AB test between a downloaded MQA file and a streamed one? Just curious if thereā€™s a difference.

1 Like

I actually like this version of Running on Empty better than the 2018 remaster. You feel more part of the audience in the original while the 2018 feels like you are in a studio.

https://tidal.com/album/68618597

2 Likes

It look like 7 John Prine discs here, in MQAā€¦ That should keep me busy for a whileā€¦

2 Likes

itā€™s tremendous.

King

1 Like