What streaming services will be supported at launch?

The reason I’d like to listen to everything from Roon is to be able to use the same interface for output and control. Also, last.fm scrobbling is nice.

I’ve already done this with Squeezebox hardware + LMS, which is how I typically listen to Pandora, Spotify, and Digitally Imported. TuneIn and SoundCloud get less time from me, but they are tied in as well. There are some additional sources that are just tied in by their direct streaming URL, although such sources are becoming less common.

By having all the sources integrated, I don’t have to worry about how to be able to listen to any of them at any place where I like to listen to music.

I recently moved and don’t have LMS setup at the new place. It has been annoying:

• Spotify Connect disconnects often, or even crashes – disruptive to listening (unusable)
  • Spotify over AirPlay has some sort of a buffering problem: stutters, out of sync with controls
  • Spotify on TiVo gets stuck at practically every track change (unusable)
  • Pandora on TiVo and Fire TV has a dumbed down interface (but usable)
  • Display mirroring to Apple TV tends to disconnect at times, too, although thankfully not very often (needed for getting in-the-browser audio to the speakers)
  • Switching between sources means switching apps, switching devices, switching inputs; forget about moving the playback from one room to another
  • Neither Spotify Connect nor Pandora scrobbles on its own :frowning:

The best AirPlay experiences have been Roon (Mac) and Pandora (iPad). It is surprising that it doesn’t work equally well from all iPad apps…

Given Roon’s success, is Spotify’s stance the same still?

Our success is in the thousands of users, and they don’t blink until there are millions. Hopefully we’ll get there…

1 Like

Yeah understood…

But I’d still want Spotify actually… Just FYI… :smile:

And Soundcloud please - although we are getting to the gutter of sound quality now…

@danny

Is SoundCloud /Mixcloud support on the roadmap?

I noticed you asked a few questions regarding SoundCloud workflow. I don’t use it that much but I use Mixcloud, a great tool for digging.

It would be truly great if it got supported in a way that one can click on the track / artist playing right now in the user’s mix and then be directed to the artist’s / song’s page just like we know it in Roon.
Deeper integration might allow to show mixes featuring an artist which I am currently playing in Roon.

1 Like

I know this is an old post but I have just discovered Roon and really like it having tried it out. I wanted to comment on Roon + TIDAL. Its refreshing to see that they worked so well with you and their approach is one of the reasons (as well as content) that encouraged me to sign up to their service. Currently in my Roon trial.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Qobuz streaming integration would be appreciated

Hello,

your software looks promising. One thing I am missing though is support for Qobuz. Qobuz was the only true audiophile streaming service for years and long before Tidal became real. Wondering why an audiophile concept like yours does not include the only streaming service with roots in the audiophile community as well?

Will Roon support streaming and maybe even buying hires albums from Qobuz in the near future?

Best regards…

Hi Zi,

This has been the topic of some discussion, the ball is in Qobuz’s court.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-streaming-integration-would-be-appreciated/807/93

1 Like