What We Are Listening To [2021-04]

My drive to the airport accompaniment this morning …
Rather splendid!

2 Likes

7 Likes

needed some rock´n roll

5 Likes

This is a must listen for any Gary Moore fans and fans of ballsy blues.

4 Likes

p.s.
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah…

4 Likes

Bit of a revelation for me, can’t think why I’ve never looked at Spacemen 3 on Bandcamp, vinyl replacement time…

Back to something a bit livelier

3 Likes

Heck yes!!
Great call

It probably came from you to be fair :wink:

Now I have several Gary Moore albums, but the man was prodigious so I will add that to the library and give it a listen.

When he sort of " turned" into a bluesman rather than hard rocker he was knocking albums out at the rate of one or two a year before his very untimely death😞.
Loved the fact he had bought Peter Green’s old Greeny and actively used it for recording and live on stage rather than treat it as an investment collection piece.

1 Like

I listen very little to Schumann’s music, but this is good…

3 Likes

Well it is in the queue now so it would be rude not to enjoy it as much as possible.

BTW really enjoying the pain of Salvation album, more Prog than Metal though the cover led me to believe the latter. Volume level has been creeping up since it started, and that is not helping the work get done :wink:

1 Like

Me neither. But try this recording out as well. It was Gramophone’s Record of the Year in 2003.

RoonShareImage-637553693745091590

1 Like

I’m a big JMJ fan, but found this really boring.

I made it to the end out of respect for the man’s past work but it became more noises than music and didn’t really hold my interest.
Pushed be back into the Rock and Prog genres and now Blues, so it was worth the effort from that perspective.

Lovely baroque chamber duets… sort of a ‘Sara Mingardo and friends’…

4 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes