Fades away, yellow sun begins to shine
I see my freedom over yonder
But they steal it away
Yes, they steal it away

So I a rebel soul
I a rebel soul

6 Likes

2 Likes

These concerto albums are a great series. I’ve listened to them all now. Just 15 solo keyboard albums to go… That will take longer. Need smaller doses of that…

7 Likes

More hard rock

1 Like

Well, it’s still March here on the left coast of Canada, so what gives??

5 Likes

“Let’s do the time warp again!”
I really hated that film too, but could not resist.

1 Like

A few days ago, in the (now closed) “2021” thread, I posted the superb posthumously released collaboration between Jim Hall and Charlie Haden. That got me thinking about other duos guitarist Hall was a party to. There are the classic duos with Bill Evans, of course: Undercurrent (1963) and Intermodulation (1966), but I was unaware of his partnership with bassist Ron Carter until a mention in a recent article I ran across. There’s Alone Together (1972) and Live at the Village West (1982).

Live at the Village West is superbly performed and recorded. These two great artists demonstrate a deep and sympathetic connection with one another, and their interplay is brilliant (especially on “Blue Monk” and Carter’s own “New Waltz”). Unfortunately, the album is not available on Qobuz (don’t know about Tidal), but I found a copy of the CD (a 1992 Concord release, with 2 extra tracks) on eBay. It is well worth hunting down.

RoonShareImage-637528297450925880

12 Likes

RoonShareImage-637528371136613247

5 Likes

21 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

17 Likes

20 Likes

Enjoying this one as I sort though work emails. Another Roon Radio discovery! Interesting sound (“orchestral pop” according to Pitchfork).

RoonShareImage-637528651380486535

How good is she ! Have you heard her do Stairway to Heaven , think I have an old clip of her doing around 20 secs of it on some radio station . Whatever you think of her , she is extremely skilled , and a fine musician .

1 Like

6 Likes

8 Likes

Second Part was this

8 Likes

4 Likes