What We Are Listening To [2021-06]

Sipping some iced tea and chilling in only 38^C weather. These albums were meant for a day like today.

2 Likes

Not as good as the original Breaking Glass from the 80,s which I have on vinyl but Qobuz does not seem to have it, but still enjoyable.

On reflection and further listening I really can’t recommend this version at all.
It is a pale shadow of the original unfortunately.
Hazel just brought so much passion and raw emotion to the original release, even the saxophone sounds too subdued here.
My two favorite tracks, Will You and Eighth Day are pretty depressing here when you know the original.

Oh well…

3 Likes

Ending the month and this thread with this aptly titled and excellent album

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I still have the vinyl +shine on single….:relaxed:

1 Like

1 Like

Going through a bit of a John Foxx listening revival having re-bought his first 5 albums post leaving Ultravox on CD

1 Like

2 Likes

This takes me back…

5 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes

Yes it certainly is, a pity Qobuz does not have some of their even earlier work.
Their first album was in the vein of Deep Purple and Uriah Heep which is ironic as singer John Lawton left to join said Uriah Heep!!

I do have it on vinyl but in rough shape :frowning:

1 Like

I was already looking at their first album on discogs :rofl: Probably going to end up buying it!

1 Like

1 Like

Hey @Mods / @Rugby, is it not time to shut this thread down, being July 1st (or 2nd) now?

2 Likes

You prompted me to dig this one out from the library…

1 Like