What We Are Listening To [2021-07]

Time for a change of pace with some new and fine German Power Metal.

It goes extremely well with the battle scene in the book I am reading :grin:

3 Likes

I remember Sting was in the original film.

Unfortunately so. Bloody awful he was to.

2 Likes

Though from memory the film ages better the longer you havenā€™t seen it :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The new film looks interesting. Splits the book in to two parts.
The 1984 film wasnā€™t that great. The book howeverā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

I have the China concerts on double L.P. excellent concert not sure if it was on film, checked it, seems it isnā€™t. One in London on blu ray.

1 Like

its not exactly my kind of music :roll_eyes:
but i saw them one time, they are from my city.
we do not all here look like them :rofl:

1 Like

I have Paris La Defense, London and Europe in Concert (Barcelona) on VHS tape. And the 1997 concert in Moscow on DVD.

Next to that Iā€™ve found many concerts online over the years. Which Iā€™ve downloaded. Both as music and video. I have all Jarreā€™s music on CD, including the China concerts.

I do have a Concerts in China concert movie. Itā€™s more like a documentary. You do see parts of the concert, the background etc. China was quite different back then :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve also seen JMJ live twice. Something Iā€™ll never forget :smiley:

1 Like

Do you still have a VHS player to watch them on?
Most of what I have of JMJ is on Vinyl as that was what I bought as it came out, have a couple on C.D. as they were cheap and were ok to play in the car.

It would be more fun if you did :grin:

i come nearer with every year i get older :laughing:

1 Like

Excellent response. I do not have mirrors in my house, just pictures of me as a young man.
And talking of being a younger man :grin:

9 Likes

3 Likes

I actually still do have one. There was one on sale at the local Aldi just before they completely disappeared. And since I had quite a collection of tapes I decided to get it. Think thatā€™s about 20 years ago. It still works.

9 Likes

Very strong new album from Netherbird.

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll check it out. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Totally agree - really love their music.

I listened to the older album you posted the other day as well. Equally excellent :+1:

1 Like