What We Are Listening To [2021-11]

Thanks for the reminder about this.
I had pre ordered but was traveling and it totally slipped my mind.

2 Likes

6 Likes

You’re welcome. It’s a try out for me. Usually I don’t like the mix of folk and (black) metal. But this sounds good I might get used to it.

1 Like

Yes I like it, but I have a fondness for the odd mix that it brings to crossing the two genre’s of music.

Having ordered it some time ago, Bandcamp didn’t remind me, or it got lost in the Friday deluge of announcements, so I might not have not noticed for some time if you hadn’t posted it.

1 Like

11 Likes

Late to this lot. Rather enjoying this one. Some toe tapping grooves.

3 Likes

IDLES - Crawler

This week’s big release. I think IDLES sound a lot like prime-era Walkmen here; the wiry guitars, the spooky organ and even singer’s extended vowels. I also think this is by far their best album. Great cover too.

6 Likes

Not liked their previous stuff, but you mention of The Walkmen has roused my interest.

xjZWMIz_d

Fado singer Carminho takes on Jobim. Beautiful voice and interpretations

6 Likes

Qobuz: Journeyman by Eric Clapton
Tidal: Journeyman by Eric Clapton
Spotify: Journeyman by Eric Clapton

11 Likes

RoonShareImage-637723864536711713

9 Likes

Very emotional funeral doom with lots of soprano vocals to balance out screams…

2 Likes

Just a beautiful voice, acoustic guitar and cello.

RoonShareImage-637724211220955300

5 Likes

neshima 2

Some original material, a Tallis composition and a Josquin.

5 Likes

I see this Only seems to be available on Bandcamp?

Our friend @miklats today posted the debut album by the French-Cypriot soprano Sarah Aristidou. On this album appear two tracks from Francis Poulenc’s 1950–51 Stabat Mater which I found intriguingly beautiful and new to me. So I looked up the composition and available recordings and listened to this recording made in Germany under the direction of the French director Stéphane Denève. The musical style is melodic and tonal, easily enjoyable and altogether beautiful…

6 Likes

At least it was not in Qobuz (I do not have Tidal). So yes got it from Bandcamp, I think it could be worth checking out for you. I think I will get also part one…

1 Like

Nation of Language - A Way Forward

Sky-scraping, melancholic synth pop with hooks for days.

EDIT: I just realised that I love anything with vintage synthesised organ voices. The faker sounding the better. I blame the hours of Castlevania I played as a kid.

3 Likes

I saw it was one track and then realized it was 45 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s in my wishlist and I will give it a virtual spin when the family are in bed…
They do not share my enjoyment of this genre :see_no_evil:

1 Like

There is no point in playing this at a reasonable level.
RoonShareImage-637723983466887210

7 Likes