What we are listening to [2022-03]

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637823353417256627

6 Likes

The Belle Époque, usually dated as beginning with the end of the Franco-Prussian War in 1871, came to an abrupt end when in 1914 the First World War broke out. This war, the Great War, wiped out the old European order, and clearly marked the beginning of a new epoch. We just might be at present experiencing the end of our very own Belle Époque…

This widely acclaimed release from March 2021 presents musical pieces written for the very bourgeois salon, and might just be what would have been heard at any of the meetings of socialites and artists which Proust so eloquently described in his novel. The playing by both the violinist Théotime Langlois de Swarte and the pianist Tanguy de Williencourt is beautiful, using historical instruments and historically informed performance practice.

4 Likes

I bought this as part of a 4cd set called flex001 on a whim maybe 9 years ago. This is probably my first full listen (the dangers of being a compulsive purchaser!). It actually stands up very well as an early New Wave album.

Qobuz: Stateless by Lene Lovich
Tidal: Stateless by Lene Lovich
Spotify: Stateless by Lene Lovich

.sjb

6 Likes

4 Likes

On the train , no Roon spotty 4g so it’s on the dap from my cd rip.

https://tidal.com/album/61473680

A Bandcamp find (CD was also available)

3 Likes

15 Likes

…I’m doin’my best…

13 Likes

RoonShareImage-637823454264038498

11 Likes

5 Likes

I keep trying to sell this, Italian vocals can be pretty damn impressive in rock music as well as opera…

and then…

9 Likes

2 Likes

…six to ten in my case…:roll_eyes:

18 Likes

…and finally…SKA…

Goodnight…:zzz::zzz::zzz:

Hi everyone, I’m new in the community and new to Roon. Thanks for sharing your love for music.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do!

5 Likes

Welcome @Cristhian_Marin. Enjoy the music!

5 Likes

Probably my favourite Dylan album, although it’s a close run thing.

RoonShareImage-637823777896048140

15 Likes

RoonShareImage-637823834250865670

Love this album! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

1 Like