What We Are Listening To [2023-01]

15 Likes

Last one of the night for me. Dan Snaith sets his sights on deep house and techno, with great results.

8 Likes

8 Likes

2 Likes

That’s a delightful debut on Verve by this wonderful young singer… thanks for posting it here on the ‘anything goes’ thread…

2 Likes

Special thanks to @Rockhound for introducing me to this and informing me that Amanda is Jason’s wife. :wink:

1 Like

By the way, on several tracks of Samara Joy’s recent album ‘Linger Awhile’, posted here today by @Rockhound, the young Italian Jazz guitarist Pasquale Grasso can be heard. He is by himself a major talent who has already released a remarkable discography…

7 Likes

Hey @UliR, one of your many great recs I’ve enjoyed, thank you, and Happy New Year to all!

6 Likes

Yes - his guitar playing certainly caught my ear. Will definitely check out his work.

1 Like

2 Likes

Another great @Rockhound rec I’ve really enjoyed listening to.

4 Likes

BTW, on his most recent release Be-Bop from last June, Samara Joy can be heard on one tune…

1 Like

I’m new to Roon and the community, but I’ve noticed that my music taste is quite different to most of the people here, anyways

9CDyzFo

1 Like

Welcome @Ammad - don’t worry, all musical tastes are appreciated here!

5 Likes

Crimson without Fripp? It works, great album. Out of print but worth seeking out.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Not exactly sure how I missed this local hometown native’s latest release. But it likely would have made my 2022 top favorite albums’ list had I listened sooner…

https://i.imgur.com/1TcfE7W.png

The music of Cory Branan is like a magazine anthology that rivets you; you’re always thrilled to get to the next story because it will be different, unexpected, and galvanic. “Why limit myself to a certain genre? My style is limited by liking to tell stories. But whatever the song wants to wear is fine with me. Over the years, if I had done one thing, I’d have more than a modest career now. But if I had to stand there and play acoustic singer-songwriter music all the time, I’d be bored out of my mind. I love all these different styles and sounds, I’m restless like that.” Cory approaches songwriting with a combination of self-abnegation and the hyper-critical. “I try to not exist when I’m writing. I write with a magnet or a divining rod. Then when I’m editing I go in with a scalpel. I try not to look for certainties, I try not to get dogmatic, and all my hope is qualified, highly qualified.”

Features guest vocals from Jason Isbell, Garrison Starr, and Brian Fallon.
[Rough Trade]

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-638082424869785080

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes