What We Are Listening To [2023-03]

Pick your choice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

And they are out on tour again later this year.
Looking forward to seeing them live again after almost 30 years

1 Like

7 Likes

Back to the eighties.

5 Likes

Carrying on with the theme.

3 Likes

Time for a large portion of chips. :smiley:

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

French combo En Attendant Ana made a significant creative leap between their scrappy but charming 2018 full-length debut and 2020’s excellent Julliet. With each release, the Parisians have shown a further refinement of their melodic indie pop and post-punk blend, and 2023’s Principia is no different. The progression of singer, guitarist, and primary songwriter Margaux Bouchaudon has been a graceful upward curve of poignancy and nuance that offsets the band’s sharp attack. With their chiming guitars, vintage organs, and motorik rhythms, En Attendant Ana feel like generational heirs to Stereolab’s artful legacy, but Bouchaudon’s sweet, airy vocals and almost reluctant vulnerability help break through a sense of cool that might otherwise keep them at arm’s length. The songs on Principia are at once more immediate and casual than earlier releases, as if the band has found its most confident groove. The bouncing pop lilt of “Black Morning” and the taut rhythms of “The Cut Off” reveal some of the group’s best work to date, but it’s the surprisingly emotional “Wonder” that breaks new ground for En Attendant Ana. Delivered in two distinct sections, the song’s introspective front portion soon segues into a quietly insistent beat over which Bouchaudon questions her very nature, singing “I’m a good human being, my mama said, and I hope she’s right.” It’s an oddly affecting statement that when repeated over the song’s ecstatic crescendo takes on dueling layers of joy and desperation. Principia is a diverse and tightly crafted LP from a band who seem to have come fully into their own skin. ~Timothy Monger [AllMusicGuide]

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

:+1: but as I know they´re touring only US?!

4 Likes

10 Likes