Whats Rocking You This Month? [2022-02]

She already bought… Saturday Night Fever and Grease :rofl::innocent:

John Revolting and Olivia Neutron Bomb.

2 Likes

Oh no not Grease, my sister tortured me with that movie growing up, that and the little mermaid. You can only watch a movie so much!

2 Likes

Currently listening to an album, I enjoyed growing up! It’s been a while!

5 Likes

Yeah it’s not a straight forward album. @Michael_Harris summed it up pretty well. The ryhthmns/song structures aren’t conventional. Someone, perhaps @iliketohideincloset recommend it on here and called it a masterpiece or similar. While I think that’s an early call, I’m coming along to his way of thinking.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I’ll say it again, another great Random Album choice. So long since I listened to this my first HMHB album.

Qobuz: This Leaden Pall by Half Man Half Biscuit
Tidal: This Leaden Pall by Half Man Half Biscuit
Spotify: This Leaden Pall by Half Man Half Biscuit

Cannot ever go into a tourist information office without singing (under my breath) the chorus of Improv Workshop Mimeshow Gobsh1te.

.sjb

8 Likes

4 Likes

Great album!

1 Like

2 Likes

Indeed! Probably their best work.

1 Like

Never heard of this band before, so this was a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

1 Like

That was my first listen for them too and I thought the album was excellent! Will be giving it future plays.

1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Guess I am on a trip down memory lane

4 Likes

I don’t normally post on this thread, but my Sleater-Kinney session probably belongs here, rather than on the regular listening thread! Part 3 is already underway.

5 Likes

Very good suggestion thanks

1 Like

Holding @Simon_Arnold3 responsible for hijacking my music queue, but this is just so good.
40 years old and still a firm favourite

8 Likes

That’s nice, suits the sunny day here.

4 Likes